Cheez-Its How many of you can go into your pantry and find a box of Cheez-Its? You’ll find more than one in mine. I love these things! Did you know you can make them at home? They taste just as good or better than what […]
Big Mac Egg Rolls
I made these last weekend so that hubby and I could just take it easy and have snacks. They are yummy.
- FOR THE EGG ROLLS:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 12 slices American cheese
- 1/2 c. chopped dill pickles
- 3 tbsp. white sesame seeds
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. paprika
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, combine ground beef with mustard, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper and cook until no pink remains, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in a diamond shape place a folded slice of cheese in the center. Top with approximately 3 tbsp cooked beef and pickles. Fold up bottom half and tightly fold in sides. Gently roll, then seal fold with a couple drops of water.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil (it should reach 1″ up the side of pan) until it starts to bubble. Add egg rolls and fry until golden, 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and top immediately with sesame seeds.
- Make sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, vinegar and paprika until smooth. Serve with egg rolls.
Big Mac Potato Skins These are great to include with any party. Big Mac Potato Skins Recipe Type: Snacks Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 3 mins Total time: 33 mins Serves: 8 Ingredients FOR THE POTATO SKINS: 4 russet […]
Carrot Bread This isn’t as sweet as carrot cake. I love it toasted for breakfast. By the way – this bread freezes well, so you can make it ahead of time. Carrot Bread Recipe Type: Quick Breads Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 20 […]
Pigs in Blankets
I love these! Sometimes I’ll make a slit in the little smokey and push in a small piece of cheese. I usually have mustard for dipping.
- 2 (8-count) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 48 Hillshire Farms Lit’l Smokies (approximately 1 (14-oz) package)
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Unroll both cans of the dough; separate into 16 triangles. Spread a heaping teaspoon of Dijon mustard on each triangle. Cut each triangle lengthwise into 3 narrow triangles.
- Place sausage on wide side of each triangle. Roll up. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Antipasto Squares Perfect for your New Year’s Eve party. Antipasto Squares Recipe Type: Appetizer Cuisine: Italian Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 35 mins Total time: 50 mins Serves: 6 Recipe published by Lauren. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a57563/antipasto-squares-recipe/ Ingredients Cooking spray 2 (8-oz.) tubes crescent […]
Carrot Snack Cake My family loves carrot cake. But, there are times when you don’t want a great big cake. This recipe makes a smaller cake just for snacking. Carrot Snack Cake Recipe Type: Cake Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 20 mins Cook […]
When I was in Texas for the very first time, I went with my husband’s granny to pick up pecans. Now, that was alot of work. But, once back to Granny’s house, she started baking. She made a big dish of these. So good.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 cups (12 ounces) pecans halves, unsalted
- 1 egg white, whisked
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and cayenne to a large bowl or ziplock bag. Toss or whisk until evenly combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add pecans and egg whites, and gently toss until combined and the pecans are evenly coated. Add in the sugar mixture, and toss until combined.
- Spread the mixture out in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. (If your baking sheet is not that large, you may need to split the batch onto two baking sheets.) Bake for about 40 minutes, removing the nuts and giving them a stir every 20 minutes, until the pecans are fragrant and the sugar coating is cooked. (The sugar will harden more once the pecans are out of the oven.)
- Remove from the oven, and let the baking sheet cool on a cooling rack until the nuts reach room temperature. Transfer them to a sealed container and store until ready to use.
Churro Sticks These are so easy to do. And, it only takes about 15 minutes. The kids are going to love them. Churro Sticks Recipe Type: Snacks Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 15 mins Serves: […]
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites These are right up my alley. All the yummy stuff in one bite. Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites Recipe Type: Snacks Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 30 mins Total time: 30 mins Published by Jordan at […]
These are so good. I haven’t made any in quite a while. I usually use peanut oil when I fry because it has a higher smoking point.
- 16 oz String Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Oil for frying
- Marinara for dipping
- Fill skillet with a couple inches of oil and heat to 365 degrees.
- Whisk together milk and egg in a bowl.
- Add breadcrumbs to a separate bowl.
- Dip string cheese in egg, then breadcrumbs, then egg again and breadcrumbs again.
- Deep fry in batches until crust is golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Remove from fryer and let drain on a paper towel, then serve with marinara sauce.
7 Layer Dip I love this stuff. I will usually fix it up for those times when we really don’t want a heavy meal. Just add tortilla chips. 7 Layer Dip Recipe Type: Snacks Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 30 mins Total time: […]
Easy Caramel Popcorn I used to make this when the kids were home. Great for chilly evenings in front of the TV. Easy Caramel Popcorn Recipe Type: Snacks Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 35 mins […]
Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites
This isn’t one of those things I make a point of ordering. I might live in Texas, but I grew up in New England. This Yankee stomach just doesn’t go for all that.
- 2 (8 oz) blocks Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 2-3 jalapenos, diced (depending on how hot you like them)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Oil for frying
- In bowl combine your shredded cheese and jalapenos.
- Shape cheese mixture into about 1 1/2″ balls, squeezing tightly to compress.
- Place on cookie sheet and freeze for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat your deep fryer to 350.
- Once chilled, in bowl add your flour.
- In another bowl mix together your egg and milk.
- Lastly in bowl stir together your bread crumbs and seasonings.
- Start by rolling your balls into the flour mixture, then dipping into milk and lastly coating with bread crumbs.
- Fry in batches for about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
Halloween Monster Munch By the time my kids were in elementary school, there were so many scares out there about people putting foreign objects and such into the Halloween treats, that there weren’t very many trick or treaters. Most of us mothers decided to have […]
Werewolf Kibble Most all of these Halloween recipes are just like the ones I used to make for my kids. Unfortunately, I don’t have any procedural pictures. Both of my kids are in their 40’s now and making these things for their own families. I […]