ABM Cinnamon Raisin Bread I love cinnamon raisin bread, but it can be a bit expensive to buy. With the new machine I can make lots of it! ABM Cinnamon Raisin Bread Print Prep time 5 mins Cook time 3 hours Total time 3 […]
Boston Brown Bread In New England, and particularly around Boston, there’s the Saturday night supper. It consists of Boston Baked Beans, steamed hot dogs and Boston Brown Bread. This was always one of my favorites when I was growing up. Boston Brown Bread Print […]
Raisin English Muffins This recipe comes from Fleishman’s Yeast. I love English Muffins and this one is especially good. Sometimes I’ll add some cinnamon to the dough – about a teaspoon. Raisin English Muffins Print Prep time 30 mins Cook time 15 mins Total […]
Carrot Raisin Salad
This has always been one of my favorites.
- 1 pound carrots
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup warm water or apple juice
- 1 small can of pineapple tidbits drained
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Put raisins in a cup of very warm water (or warmed up apple juice) so they plump back up.
- Once they plump up, drain water or juice.
- Drain pineapple of excess juices.
- Peel carrots and then grate them.
- If making a double batch of this salad, it may be faster to use the grater on your food processor.
- In a medium bowl, toss grated carrots with mayo and sugar.
- Then add in raisins and pineapple and stir until combined.
- Cover and put in the fridge to chill thoroughly.
- ¾ cup raw rice
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 cup milk
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- raisins.- however many you like
- In a medium saucepan boil rice with water recommended on package, sugar and salt. Cook until rice is done.
- Pour in the half & half and ½ cup milk. simmer on low for 20 minutes or until thickened. Mix in the brown sugar.
- Beat in egg yolks. (Don't forget to temper them!) Add remaining ½ cup milk. Cook for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Add butter, vanilla, cinnamon and raisins.
- Serve warm or cold.
[lt_recipe name=”Hot Cross Buns” servings=”12″ prep_time=”2H” cook_time=”30M” total_time=”2H30M” difficulty=”Fairly Easy” summary=”Adapted from: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/22254/hot+cross+buns ” print=”yes” image=”https://thebellyrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/HotCrossBuns-300×200.jpg” ingredients=”1 package (2 1/4 tsp.) yeast;1 Tbsp. plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided;1 cup warm milk;1/4 cup butter, softened;1/4 cup raisins or candied fruit;1 egg;1 tsp. salt;3 1/2 to 3 […]