Stout Meatloaf More Irish recipes for you. This one is really good. It’s a nice moist meatloaf. I usually serve it with macaroni & cheese and a green veggie. Stout Meatloaf Recipe Type: Entree Cuisine: Irish Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: […]
Crock Pot Pulled Pork
Hubby made this up yesterday and we had sandwiches for our supper last night. It came out extremely good.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 c. ketchup
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 (3- to 4-lb.) pork shoulder, trimmed of excess fat
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Coleslaw, for serving
- Buns, for serving
- Combine onion, ketchup, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar and spices in the bowl of a slow cooker. Season pork shoulder all over with salt and pepper then add to slow cooker, covering it with ketchup mixture. Cover and cook until very tender (the meat should fall apart easily with a fork!), on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours or on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and transfer to bowl. Shred with two forks and toss with juices from the slow cooker. Serve on buns with coleslaw.
Instant Pot Skinny Garlicky Cuban Pork This would be great in some sandwiches or tossed into a salad. Instant Pot Skinny Garlicky Cuban Pork Recipe Type: Entree Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 80 mins Total time: 1 hour 30 […]
Garlic Pork Roast This is a wonderful crock pot recipe. I’ve made it several times and it always comes out good. Garlic Pork Roast Recipe Type: Pork Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 6 hours Total time: 6 hours 10 […]
Pork Chops with Apples and Sweet Potatoes
Put this in the crock pot in the morning and it’s ready when you are! The house will smell heavenly when you come in.
- 3 lbs. pork chops
- 1 rib celery, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can chicken broth
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- Put pork chops on bottom of crock pot. Top with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low for at least 9 hours.
- Note: I used extra thick butterfly pork chops.
Maple Rosemary Pork Tenderloin Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 1 hour Total time: 1 hour 10 mins Serves: 6 Ingredients 1 (2-lb.) boneless pork tenderloin Kosher salt Freshly ground black pepper 2 lb. baby potatoes, quartered 1/2 c. plus tbsp. extra-virgin […]
Autumn Pork Stew Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 3 hours Total time: 3 hours 30 mins Serves: 10 Adapted from A Family Feast.com Note: The apples disintegrate into the stew so don’t worry how you cut them. Ingredients 1 tablespoon olive […]
Atlanta Pork Chops & Rice
All you need for a complete meal is a green veggie.
By: Marsha Powell
- 4 good-sized boneless pork chops
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1/4 c. celery, sliced thin
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1 cup raw rice
- Step 1 In skillet, brown chops in oil.
- Step 2 Remove chops and add celery and onion. Cook lightly.
- Step 3 Drain fat.
- Step 4 Stir in remaining ingredients and chops.
- Step 5 Bring to a boil.
- Step 6 Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.