Pecan Cream Pie I came across this recipe while surfing through Pinterest. It looks so good that hubby wants me to make it for our Christmas dessert. Pecan Cream Pie Print Prep time 15 mins Total time 15 mins Recipe published by Jessica. […]
Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie
One more from Taste of Home. I made this up for Thanksgiving one year. I don’t think there was enough to go around.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Chocolate Layer
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 3 egg white
- ¼ tsp. cream of tartar
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- Bake the pastry shell according to package directions. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt; stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat. Beat egg yolks lightly. Stir a little of the hot mixture into the yolks; return all to saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Pour 1½ cups of the mixture into a small bowl; add coconut to this and set aside. Combine chocolate layer ingredients; blend into remaining mixture in saucepan. Return to heat; cook and stir until mixture begins to boil.
- Remove from heat; spread 1 cup over bottom of pie crust.
- Top with coconut mixture and then remaining chocolate mixture.
- For the meringue: Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over hot filling, sealing to the edges of the pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool to room temperature; chill several hours before serving.
Upside Down Apple Pie
I’m not sure where I got this recipe. It was one of those handwritten ones that I came across. I’ll be glad when I can get this one made again. Yum!
As mentioned at the bottom of the recipe, I used 1 1/2 tsp. apple pie spice in place of the cinnamon and nutmeg.
When it was done, I put a plate on top of it and flipped it over. Then, I let it set so it would all come out of the pan. I served mine warm with some vanilla ice cream.
- 3½ cups sliced, peeled Granny Smith apples
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. cinnamon
- ¾ tsp. nutmeg
- pie crust to make 2 crusts
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- Mix apples, flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl. Stir gently to coat.
- Place softened butter and pecans in a 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle brown sugar over pecans and press.
- Place one pie crust over pecan/brown sugar mixture.
- Spoon apple mixture over crust. Place second crust on top of pie.
- Bake at 400 degree F. for 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- To serve, slice the pie and flip the slice over onto a dessert plate.
- Note: I substituted 1½ tsp. apple pie spice for the cinnamon and nutmeg. I also bought the ready-made pie crust that you'll find in the case with the refrigerated biscuits. For a more spectacular presentation, put a plate on top of the pie and turn it over. I let it sit for a while so everything would come out cleanly.
[lt_recipe name=”Crumb Topped Apple Pie” servings=”8″ prep_time=”30M” cook_time=”42M” total_time=”1H12M” difficulty=”Fairly Easy” summary=”I also added apple pie spice to the second step. And, instead of using the crumb mixture to make a crust, I used a frozen deep dish pie crust and used all the crumb […]
[lt_recipe name=”No Bake Double Layer Pumpkin Pie” servings=”8″ prep_time=”30M” cook_time=”0M” total_time=”30M” difficulty=”Easy” summary=”This recipe was adapted from the Kraft website.” print=”yes” image=”https://thebellyrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/No-Bake-2-Layer-Pumpkin-Pie-Recipe-300×273.jpg” ingredients=”4 oz. cream cheese, softened;1 Tbsp. milk;1 Tbsp. sugar;1 1/2 c. thawed Cool Whip;1 graham cracker pie crust – 9 oz. size – […]
[lt_recipe name=”Four Layer Pecan Pie” servings=”8″ prep_time=”30″ cook_time=”45″ total_time=”1H15M” difficulty=”Fairly Easy” summary=”This isn’t as sweet as a regular pecan pie.” print=”yes” image=”https://thebellyrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/FourLayerPecanPie-300×300.jpg” ingredients=”1 refrigerator rolled pie crust;1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened;1/2 c. sugar, divided;4 egg;1 c. corn syrup;1 1/4 c. chopped pecans” ]Preheat oven to 375°F. Unroll pie crust and place in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate, pressing crust firmly onto plate.;In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 c. sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla extract and 1 egg. Beat at low speed until smooth; set aside.;In another medium bowl, beat 3 eggs. Add remaining sugar, the corn syrup and remaining vanilla; mix well.;Spread cream cheese mixture in pie crust. Sprinkle with pecans and slowly pour corn syrup mixture over pecans.;Bake for 40 to 45 min. or until center is set. Let cool, then refrigerate 4 hours or until ready to serve.;If necessary, cover edge of pie crust with foil to prevent excessive browning after 25 minutes.;If you like, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of maple syrup.[/lt_recipe]
[lt_recipe name=”Lemonade Pie” servings=”8″ prep_time=”15M” cook_time=”0M” total_time=”15M” difficulty=”Easy” summary=”A nice, cool summer dessert.” print=”yes” image=”https://thebellyrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/LemonadePie-300×180.jpg” ingredients=”1 can (regular size) frozen lemonade;1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk;2 (9 oz) containers Cool Whip;1 graham cracker or butter cracker crust” ]Mix the thawed lemonade with […]
[lt_recipe name=”Chicken Pot Pie” servings=”8″ prep_time=”30M” cook_time=”35M” total_time=”1H15M” difficulty=”Fairly Easy” summary=”I’m not good at making edible pie crust. So, I usually buy the Pillsbury ones. ” print=”yes” image=”https://thebellyrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ChickenPotPie-300×212.jpg” ingredients=”Pie crust for 1 pie.;1/2 cup butter;1/3 cup chopped onion;1/2 cup flour;1/2 tsp salt;1/4 tsp. pepper;2 cups […]
[lt_recipe name=”Yorkshire Strata” servings=”8″ prep_time=”30M” cook_time=”30M” total_time=”1H” difficulty=”Fairly Easy” summary=”I used leftover roast and then reheated the leftover gravy.” print=”yes” image=”https://thebellyrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/YorkshireStrata-300×225.jpg” ingredients=”1 cup cooked beef (leftover roast works really well!);1/2 cup cooked, diced potato;1/2 cup cooked, diced carrots;1 cup cooked, diced onion;1/2 cup water;1 1/2 cups gravy, divided;4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, divided;1 1/2 tsp. onion powder;3/4 tsp. garlic powder;2 Tbsp. butter;1 cup milk;2 eggs;1 cup flour;1/4 tsp. salt;1/8 tsp. pepper” ]Mix meat, vegetables, water, 1/4 cup gravy, 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder. Set aside. ;Put butter in a 10 inch deep dish pie plate and set in a cold oven.;Turn heat to 425°F.;Puree milk, eggs, flour, salt & pepper.;Remove pie plate and pour in the batter.;Spoon meat and vegetables down the middle. ;Put back in oven for 30 minutes.;Serve topped with gravy.;[/lt_recipe]
[lt_recipe name=”Banana Cream Pie” servings=”8″ prep_time=”10M” cook_time=”20M” total_time=”30M” difficulty=”Fairly Easy” summary=”I used whipped cream for topping but didn’t put it on until ready to serve. ” print=”yes” image=”https://thebellyrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/BananaCrmPie-300×225.jpg” ingredients=”1 baked 9 inch pie shell ;3/4 cup sugar;1/3 cup flour;1/4 tsp. salt;2 cups milk;3 egg yolks;2 […]