Shrimp Scampi There are only certain type of seafood that I really like and this is one of them. It’s one of my hubby’s favorites. Kevin at Closet Cooking got this recipe exactly right! Here’s a really great note from Kevin. I thought you all […]
Joyce's Weird Spaghetti Sauce
This recipe comes from one of my very best friends. She gave me the recipe over the phone one day and I just had to make it for supper. It's so good! You just have to try it. Thank you, Joyce!
By: Marsha Powell
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 lb. breakfast sausage
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1 cup Parmesan
- 16 oz. package pasta, cooked and drained
- Step 1 Brown the sausage and break it up. Add the Italian seasoning. Drain.
- Step 2 Put the sausage back in the pot – add the soup – adjust the seasonings. Add any extras you might want such as onion, garlic, green pepper, mushrooms, etc. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Step 3 Pour this over your cooked pasta. Mix in the cheeses. Simmer for just a few minutes, but keep an eye on it so it doesn’t stick. It will be very thick!
Caesar Pesto Pasta Salad I love pasta salads and this one is especially good by itself or as a side dish with hamburgers. Caesar Pesto Pasta Salad Recipe Type: Salad Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 20 mins Total time: 20 mins Serves: 12 […]
Instant Pot Five Cheese Ziti
Anything with pasta, sauce and cheese is great!
- 16 ounces Penne pasta
- 14 ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes with garlic
- 24 ounces classic marinara pasta sauce (homemade or jarred)
- 4 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pour water into Instant Pot.
- Next add water, canned tomatoes and whipped cream cheese and the seasonings.
- Add pasta sauce and gently stir gently to combine. Add pasta and gently push down to submerge in liquid. Make sure the pasta is covered with liquid.
- Place lid on instant pot and seal pressure cooker according to manufacturer instructions. Make sure pressure valve is closed and not releasing pressure.
- Set to high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Allow 5 minute natural pressure release, then perform a quick release.
- Stir in shredded cheese to combine.
- Allow pasta to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Stir again before serving to allow any remaining liquid to absorb.
- Right before you are ready to serve, mix in one cup of Ricotta cheese until blended.
- Sprinkle each serving with grated Parmesan cheese.
Shrimp Mardi Gras Pasta This is really good. I’ll have to figure out how to make it in my Instant Pot. If you don’t have the shrimp, you can always use crab or crawfish. Shrimp Mardi Gras Pasta Recipe Type: Entree Cuisine: Cajun Author: Marsha […]
Muffuletta Pasta Salad Most all of my Mardi Gras recipes came from neighbors when I lived on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I was there for a few years and I learned all my Cajun cooking skills from the neighbor ladies. Muffaletta Pasta Salad Recipe Type: […]
Mac & Cheese Egg Rolls
I love egg rolls. So, to find them filled with something other than just Chinese ingredients is great. I know that they’d work really well for a party. There are usually 12 egg roll wraps in a package, so that’s why I’ve got it at 12 servings.
- 1 box mac and cheese, plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- egg roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Buffalo sauce, for serving
- Prepare mac and cheese according to instructions on box. While still warm, fold in cheeses until melted and fully incorporated. Set aside to cool slightly, 10 minutes.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in a diamond shape and add a heaping spoonful of mac. Fold up bottom half and tightly fold in sides. Gently roll, then seal fold with a couple drops of water. Repeat until no mac and cheese remains.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil (it should reach 1″ up the side of pan) until it starts to bubble. Add egg rolls and fry until golden, 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool slightly.
- Serve with buffalo sauce, for dipping.
Queso Taco Casserole I love casseroles. They’re so quick and easy to put together. And then, you most always have leftovers. Queso Taco Casserole Recipe Type: Casseroles Cuisine: Mexican Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 40 mins Serves: […]
Kielbasa & Apple Pasta Bake Hubby and I love good kielbasa or smoked sausage. I will surely have to give this one a try. Kielbasa & Apple Pasta Bake Recipe Type: Casserole Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 40 mins […]
Italian Stuffed Shells
I love these. But then I love Italian. You can always add meat to the sauce if you’d like. I usually serve this with a big green salad and garlic bread.
- 8 oz jumbo shells approximately 20 jumbo shells
- Cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil water and cook shells according to directions on package. Drain the shells, spray them with cooking spray (to prevent sticking) and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, egg, Italian seasoning and 1 cup of mozzarella until combined well.
- Fill each shell with a tablespoon of the ricotta mixture. (I usually have some leftover, so I divide it up between all the shells.)
- Spray a 9×13 casserole dish. Fill the casserole dish with the stuffed shells. You can fit four rows of five shells.
- Pour 1 cup of marinara sauce over the stuffed shells.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of shredded mozzarella over the sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes.
Four Cheese Pasta with Chicken This is one of my favorites. I used a tubular pasta instead of the penne. My picture doesn’t show the tomatoes because I didn’t have all that’s called for. I skipped the breadcrumb topping. Four Cheese Pasta with Chicken Recipe […]
Creamy Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta Shrimp is not one of my favorites, but it goes well with this. Of course, you could always use chicken. Creamy Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta Recipe Type: Entree Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 20 mins Cook […]
BLT Pasta Salad
I love my pasta and I love my salads. This is perfect. I substituted bow tie pasta for the shells because that’s what I had on hand.
- 3 2⁄3 cup large macaroni shells pasta, cooked
- 4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 4 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cup lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup fat free mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup light sour cream
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 salt
- 1 pepper
- In a large bowl, mix pasta, bacon, tomatoes, and lettuce.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, vinegar, mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over pasta mixture, stir to combine, and chill until ready to serve.
Beefy Cheesy Tortellini Bake This is a nice change from all those holiday leftovers. The kids will love it. Beefy Cheesy Tortellini Bake Recipe Type: Casserole Cuisine: Italian Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 40 mins Total time: 1 hour Serves: 6 […]
Noodle Pudding I’d never had this until our landlady gave me this recipe. I’ve been hooked ever since. Noodle Pudding Recipe Type: Side Dish Cuisine: Jewish Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 25 mins Total time: 45 mins Serves: 9 Ingredients 7-1/2 […]
Manicotti Cheese Bake
The only problem I have with making these is filling them. It can be messy. But, I knew a lady who gave me a tip on filling these easier.
Use a decorator’s bag without a tip. Fill it up with the filling and squeeze it into the manicotti. Works like a charm!
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2/3 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 8 to 9 manicotti shells
- 2 cups (1 lb.) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) mozzarella cheese
- Saute meat, onion and green pepper. Drain off fat.
- Add tomato paste, water, salt, pepper, sugar and Italian seasoning. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Parboil manicotti in salted water for 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Mix together the ricotta cheese and the mozzarella.
- Fill shells with the cheese mixture. Place in a shallow baking dish.
- Cover with sauce. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
Crab Pasta Salad I love this pasta salad. It calls for Spike seasoning. It’s a salt-free seasoning. You can find it at Walmart or on Amazon. Crab Pasta Salad Recipe Type: Seafood Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 30 mins Total time: 30 mins […]
One Pot Pizza Rigatoni For all you pizza lovers out there – this is fantastic! It’s pizza without the crust. I used ground beef instead of the Italian sausage – just personal preference. One Pot Pizza Rigatoni Recipe Type: One Pot Meal Cuisine: Italian Author: […]
Now, you might think that the kids would have a problem with the ingredients. Most kids I know don’t like the vegetables.
But, I would tell them Halloween stories and that those veggies were part of the monster. Once they ate them, the monster would be gone. Whatever works! Right?
- 1 (16 oz) package spaghetti, cooked
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 squash, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- Favorite vinaigrette
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except for salt and pepper. Toss until evenly coated. Refrigerate several hours, or overnight. Season salad with salt and pepper.
Pasta Beef Cobbler I’m not in the habit of using convenience foods. They usually have too much salt and more preservatives then I care to think about. But, this recipe is an easy week night supper. I always serve this with a green salad or […]
Taco Beef & Pasta Can you tell that I like tacos? And, don’t forget the enchiladas. This is an easy recipe that originally came from the National Beef Council. The recipe calls for rotini, but since I didn’t have any I used shells. Taco Beef […]
I've made this ahead of time and set the casserole in the fridge. Let it sit out for about a half hour to warm before putting it in the oven.
By: Marsha Powell
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 1/4 c. milk or cream
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 8 oz. noodles
- 3 c. cubed ham
- 4 oz. chopped pimiento
- 1/4 c. Parmesan
- 1/4 c. breadcrumbs
- Step 1 Melt butter
- Step 2 saute onion and mushrooms. Blend in flour. Add broth and milk
- Step 3 cook until thickened.
- Step 4 Add cheese, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Lower heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 – 15 min.
- Step 5 Cook noodles. Mix everything with ham and pimiento.
- Step 6 Spoon into greased 2 qt. casserole. Bake at 400°F for 20 – 30 min.