Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Bars These are great for people who need an on-the-go type breakfast. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Bars Print Prep time 8 mins Cook time 22 mins Total time 30 mins Author: Marsha Powell Recipe type: Breakfast Cuisine: American Serves: […]
Chewy Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies This is my favorite. I’d make this recipe alot when the kids were at home. Chewy Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies Print Prep time 20 mins Cook time 10 mins Total time 30 mins Author: Marsha Powell Recipe type: Cookies Cuisine: […]
Cinnamon Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies
These are wonderful. Hubby made these the other day and didn’t put the raisins in. But, that ingredient is in the recipe.
- 2½ cups applesauce
- 1½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix applesauce and sugars; stir in egg whites, vanilla, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon; add flour; mix thoroughly. Stir in oatmeal and raisins; mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes, or until set and lightly browned.
Healthy Oatmeal Cookies I’ve had a request for oatmeal cookies without the fat. So, there are 3 of them here. Hopefully, you’ll find one you like. Healthy Oatmeal Cookies Print Prep time 20 mins Cook time 11 mins Total time 31 mins Author: […]
Oatmeal Brickle Nuggets I made these when hubby brought home a bag of those English toffee bits. They sure are good and didn’t last long in our house. Oatmeal Brickle Nuggets Print Prep time 20 mins Cook time 10 mins Total time 30 mins […]
Everyone has this recipe. Right? This is the original recipe that came off the bag of butterscotch chips. I haven’t made any in ages. So, I think this one will go on the Christmas cookie list.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp. water
- ¾ cup quick oats, uncooked
- 1 6-ounce package butterscotch chips
- ¼ tsp. orange extract*
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease your cookie sheets.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, egg and water. Beat until creamy.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture.
- Mix in the oats, butterscotch chips and orange extract.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- *I used ½ tsp. vanilla extract
Absolutely Excellent Oatmeal Cookies I’ve got some cookie recipes today that were in the big box of loose recipes. All of them are handwritten, so I’m not quite sure who had them. I know these are good recipes. I’ve made them many many times. Absolutely […]
Buffalo Chips It’s never too early to start your Christmas cookie baking. These freeze really well. I’ll make a couple of batches of these for gifts. In fact, I’ve had a couple of people ask if I were going to make some this year. Hubby […]
- 2 cups finely chopped dates
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1¼ cup water
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups oatmeal
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- In medium saucepan combine date, water and sugar.
- Stir and cook over med-high heat, then turn down and cook until thickened.
- Add extracts and almonds. It'll be very moist. Cool down.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan. Set aside.
- Cream butter and brown sugar.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt; mix well; add oatmeal; mix well. It'll be crumbly, but will press easily.
- Put half this mixture into the pan. Press into an even layer.
- Spread filling on top. Use fingers to spread evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining dough over top. Gently press.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes
- Cut while still warm.
[lt_recipe name=”Raisin Oatmeal Cookies” servings=”50″ prep_time=”30M” cook_time=”12M” total_time=”35M” difficulty=”Easy” summary=”This makes a lot!” print=”yes” image=”https://thebellyrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/RaisinOatmealCookies-300×266.jpg” ingredients=”2 c. butter, softened;2 c. packed brown sugar;1 c. granulated sugar;4 eggs;2 tsp. vanilla;3 c. flour;2 tsp. baking soda;2 tsp. cinnamon;1 tsp. salt (optional);6 c. oatmeal;2 c. raisins or chocolate […]