Crock Pot Sour Cream Beef Stroganoff
I love crock pot recipes. With my Instant Pot, I can use it as a pressure cooker or a crock pot. I’m getting alot of use out of the Instant Pot!
- 2 lbs. cubed beef stew meat
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 (1.25 ounce) packages brown gravy mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Cook egg noodles or steamed rice
- Additional sour cream for serving.
- Add the stew meat, onions and mushrooms to a 4-quart or larger crock pot.
- Whisk the gravy mixes and the water in a small bowl. Stir this into the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours without opening the lid during cooking time.
- Stir in the 1 1/2 cups sour cream. Turn off the crock pot and put the lid back on so the sour cream can warm just a bit.** Ladle the stroganoff sauce over noodles or rice.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream for garnish.
- **Note: If you’re using an instant pot, cancel the slow cooker setting. Add the sour cream; put the lid back on and push the Keep Warm button. Let it set like that for just long enough to warm the sour cream a bit.
Beef Tips & Gravy I usually buy a large roast and cut these myself. It’s cheaper that way. Beef Tips & Gravy Recipe Type: Entree Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 2 hours 30 mins Total time: 2 hours 50 […]
Garlic Beef & Broccoli Noodles This very very good. You could always use the thinner noodles if you don’t have the wide ones. Garlic Beef & Broccoli Noodles Recipe Type: Entree Cuisine: Asian Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total […]
Instant Pot Hungarian Goulash
This came out so great and it was so easy to put together. You’ll have dinner on the table in no time.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 3 lbs stewed beef in ½ inch cubes
- 6 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt – more if needed
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 12 ounce bag egg noodles, cooked
- Set instant pot/pressure cooker to saute mode. Add in beef and sear the outside. Add in onions and garlic. Saute 2 minutes.
- Add paprika. Stir coating everything well. Stir in carrots. Pour in beef broth and set to high pressure for 30 minutes. Let natural pressure release.
- Add salt and pepper. Stir well. Sift in cornstarch stirring frequently. This will thicken the sauce. Serve with noodles.
Weeknight Classic Tuna Casserole I love tuna casserole! Did I happen to mention that already? The kids always loved it and I knew they would eat. Weeknight Classic Tuna Casserole Recipe Type: Casserole Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 30 […]
Grown Up Tuna Noodle Casserole Here’s another tuna casserole recipe. This one is really good. For that matter, they all are. Grown Up Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe Type: Casserole Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 40 […]
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
I love chicken noodle soup and not just when I’m ill. I usually have some warm, crust bread with mine.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 5 carrots peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 celery sticks sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 whole 5 pound chicken giblets removed and discarded
- 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 8 cups of water
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces of egg noodles
- 1/4 cup of minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- Set Instant Pot to Saute function.
- Heat olive oil and onions until onions start to soften and become translucent, 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic, carrots and celery and saute for another minute.
- Add whole chicken to Instant Pot, followed by water, soy sauce, 2 teaspoon of salt and several turns of freshly ground pepper.
- Turn off Saute function, lock Instant Pot lid in place, make sure pressure valve is set to sealing and set Instant Pot to High Pressure for 20 minutes, via manual mode.
- Instant Pot will take 15-20 minutes to come to pressure, then will countdown from 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes at high pressure, Instant Pot will beep and switch to keep warm mode.
- Turn pressure release valve to Quick Release pressure.
- Carefully open Instant Pot, keeping lid angled away from you to avoid very hot steam.
- Remove wole chicken and set aside to shred.
- Turn Instant Pot back to Saute function and let chicken broth come to a boil.
- Stir in egg noddles and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- While noodles are cooking, shred chicken into bite sized pieces discarding bones and skin.
- Once noodles are cooked, stir in chicken meat and fresh parsley.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Beef & Broccoli Noodles This a great Asian recipe. It’s quite flavorful with lots of garlic and spices. Beef & Broccoli Noodles Recipe Type: Entree Cuisine: Asian Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 40 mins Serves: 6 Recipes […]
Haystack Cookies Whenever I make these, they usually disappear in a matter of hours. Haystack Cookies Recipe Type: Cookies Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 3 mins Total time: 8 mins Serves: 15 Ingredients 12 Ounces Semisweet Chocolate Chips 11 […]
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
This is so good. The perfect soup to warm you up on a cold day.
- 2 Cups Medium Egg Noodles
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 Diced Onion
- 1 Cup Thinly Chopped Carrots
- 1 Cup Thinly Chopped Celery
- 3 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Crushed Basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Crushed Parsley
- poultry seasoning, to taste
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Half & Half
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups Chopped chicken
- 1 Teaspoon Chicken Instant bouillon
- First, cook the egg noodles according to the directions on the package, then drain & rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- At medium heat melt the 3 tablespoons of butter & sauté the 1/4 cup onion, 1 cup carrots, 1 cup celery, & 3 minced garlic cloves, with 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon basil, 1/2 teaspoon parsley, 3/4 teaspoon pepper and poultry seasoning in a medium sized pot.
- Once the carrots are tender & the celery & onion have become transparent add 2 cups of chicken broth, 1 & 1/2 cups of half & half, 1 & 1/2 cups milk, raise the heat to medium high & bring the soup to a boil.
- When the soup comes to a boil lower the temperature to medium, add the 2 cups of chopped chicken, & stir in 1 teaspoon of Chicken instant bouillon.
- Lower the heat to medium low & let simmer until you are ready to eat. Then add the egg noodles to the soup & serve warm.
- Enjoy your warm Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup with some fresh baked bread!
Easy Beef Stroganoff This is great for using up some of that leftover roast or steaks. That’s usually when I make it. Easy Beef Stroganoff Recipe Type: Casserole Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 5 mins Total time: 15 mins […]
Sloppy Joe Noodles If you’re going to make this for the kids, you might want to cut back on the hot sauce. I cut back mainly because hubby and I aren’t crazy about the heat. Sloppy Joe Noodles Recipe Type: One Pot Cuisine: American Author: […]
The recipe looks complicated, but it's really not.
By: Marsha Powell
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 1 chicken breast -- skinned and boned
- 8 medium shrimp -- shelled
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound bean sprouts
- 3 garlic cloves -- finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons roasted peanuts -- finely chopped
- Step 1 Place rice noodles in a large bowl. Cover with water
- Step 2 soak 30-45 minutes. Cut chicken into 1 1/2 x 3 inch strips.
- Step 3 Cut shrimp in half lengthwise
- Step 4 set aside. Combine water, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl
- Step 5 set aside. Reserve 1/4 of bean sprouts for topping
- Step 6 combine remaining sprouts and onions.
- Step 7 Drain noodles. Heat a wok over medium heat for 2 minutes. Push chicken to one side. Break egg into wok. Stir quickly to break up yolk and scramble egg. When egg is set, mix with chicken. Add drained noodles, shrimp, fish sauce mixture and 3 tablespoons peanuts. Cook and stir over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Step 8 Spoon onto a heated platter. Sprinkle with reserved bean sprouts, then with remaining peanuts.