Instant Pot Cajun Chicken & Rice The recipe doesn’t call for the smoked sausage, but I had some leftover in the fridge, so sliced it up and tossed it in. You won’t believe how good this is! It made enough for hubby and I to […]
Tag: instant pot
Instant Pot Chicken Adobo This is absolutely scrumptious! I served mine with rice. Instant Pot Chicken Adobo Recipe Type: Cuban Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 50 mins Serves: 6 Recipe adapted from melaniecooks.com Ingredients 2 […]
Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops
I love my Instant Pot! Everything I’ve made comes out so good and your meal is done quick. So, if you’re running short on time, you can still make a nice dinner.
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- 2 medium onions cut into slim wedges
- 4 boneless butterfly pork chops
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot OR cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Brown onions and pork: Set instant pot to sauté. Add butter and cook onions until softened. Push to one side and add chops to brown. Season with salt and pepper as they cook.
- Add sauce: Switch off instant pot. Add beef stock and Worcestershire sauce, scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the instant pot.
- Pressure cook: Close instant pot and set valve to sealing. Choose “pressure cook” for 10 minutes. After cooking time is up, do a natural pressure release for 5 minutes, then manually release remaining pressure and open.
- Thicken: For a thicker sauce, remove chops form instant pot and cover to keep warm. Set instant pot to sauté and simmer sauce for a few minutes. If desired, add a slurry of arrowroot and water (or your preferred thickener).
- Add cream: Switch off instant pot and let it cool down for a few seconds. Stir in sour cream. Serve sauce over chops.
Instant Pot BBQ Pork Chops These are so easy to put together. I usually serve mine with potato salad and a green tossed salad. I usually use boneless butterfly pork chops. If you use a thinner chop, you may want to adjust your cooking time. […]
Instant Pot Five Cheese Ziti Anything with pasta, sauce and cheese is great! Instant Pot Five Cheese Ziti Recipe Type: Entree Cuisine: Italian Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 8 mins Total time: 18 mins Serves: 6 Ingredients 16 ounces Penne pasta […]
Instant Pot Beer & Brats
I know that most people will have their brats served with sauerkraut. Hubbys and I really don’t like that stuff, so I’ll usually saute up some peppers and onions and serve in buns. I always use Guinness. In my opinion, it’s the best beer for cooking.
- 2 T butter
- 7 or 8 Johnsonville Brats (any style)
- 1 12-ounce bottle of beer.
- Turn on your instant pot and set to Saute
- Brown the bratwurst lightly in the butter on both sides, about 2-3 minutes each. You might need to brown these in two batches, depending on how many brats you’re cooking and the size of your pressure cooker
- Remove all of the brats from the instant pot
- Place a rack on the bottom, set all of your bratwurst on top of the rack
- Carefully pour the beer over the bratwurst
- Set your instant pot to Manual or Pressure Cook (depending on your model) and cook for 8 minutes
- Once done, do a Natural Release until the steam is released
Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup It’s cold here in northeast Texas today, so something like this is going to really taste good. The recipe calls for stew meat, but I used leftover roast. Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup Recipe Type: Soup Cuisine: American Author: Marsha […]
Instant Pot Hungarian Goulash This came out so great and it was so easy to put together. You’ll have dinner on the table in no time. Instant Pot Hungarian Goulash Recipe Type: Entree Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 30 […]
Instant Pot Bang Bang Chicken
I love my Instant Pot, so I’m always looking for different things to make. This one comes out really good. Since hubby and I aren’t real big on the hot spicy stuff, I cut way back on the Siriracha sauce. You can add however much you’d like depending on your personal preferences.
- For the Chicken:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 TBS sriracha
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 TBS rice vinegar
- For the Rice:
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 cups water
- For the additional sauce:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 TBS Sriracha ,(add less or more depending on the spice level)
- 1 TBS rice vinegar
- 2 TBS sugar
- For the toppings
- 2 cups shredded cabbage blend (I like green/purple/red)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- For chicken and rice:
- In a small cup whisk together 2 TBS Sriracha, 1/3 cup chicken stock, 1 TBS rice wine vinegar; set aside. Place chicken breasts into instant pot. Add sauce mixture over the top. Place instant pot rack on top of chicken breasts (it is okay for it to touch the chicken).
- In an oven safe bowl, add rice and water, mix gently. Place bowl on top of rack inside instant pot. Close top of instant pot, making sure the sealing valve is in the sealed position. Cook on manual/high for 6 minutes.
- When time is up, allow 10 minutes to naturally release (do not remove top or flip pressure valve for 10 minutes). After 10 minutes, flip the pressure valve to release any remaining pressure. Carefully open the top away from your body, and set aside.
- Using oven mitts or a towel, remove rice bowl from instant pot; carefully fluff rice with a fork and set aside. Using tongs remove rack on top of the chicken. Remove chicken breasts and transfer to a cutting board. Shred the chicken using 2 forks. Once shredded, add chicken back to instant pot to absorb the cooking liquid. Stir to combine.
- For extra sauce:
- Combine all additional sauce ingredients in a cup or small bowl and set aside.
- For serving:
- Serve chicken over rice* and top with cabbage, tomatoes, green onions, and additional sauce.
Instant Pot Cheesy Tuna Casserole I’ve got some tuna casserole recipes and thought you all might like them. These were always favorites when the kids were growing up. Instant Pot Cheesy Tuna Casserole Recipe Type: Casserole Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 10 mins […]
Instant Pot Skinny Garlicky Cuban Pork This would be great in some sandwiches or tossed into a salad. Instant Pot Skinny Garlicky Cuban Pork Recipe Type: Entree Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 80 mins Total time: 1 hour 30 […]
Instant Pot Skinny Goulash
Here’s another one I can serve up in a bowl. It comes out really great.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp . minced garlic
- 2 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp . minced onions
- 1 tsp . salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped red and green bell peppers
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 8 oz . whole wheat pasta
- 1 – 14 oz can crushed tomatoes OR jarred sauce
- 1 can water (you’ll be filling the tomato can with water)
- Turn Instant Pot to saute and brown the ground turkey.
- Add your 1 tbsp. garlic, 1 tbsp. minced onions, 2 1/2 tbsp. Italian seasoning, 1 tsp. salt, and 2 bay leaves. Toss in your 1 chopped zucchini, 1 cup corn and 1 cup of red and green bell peppers.
- Mix so that the seasonings and veggies are distributed.
- Pour the 8 ounces of dry whole wheat pasta, can of crushed tomatoes (or a jar of pasta sauce), and fill the can back up with water and pour that over the vegetables.
- Stir until the pasta is fully mixed with the sauce. Lock the lid into place and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure using the manual function for 10 minutes. Use the quick release method to release the pressure. Give it a stir and let the goulash cool for a few minutes–it’s super hot!
- Top with cheese if desired and serve.
Instant Pot Skinny Burrito Bowl I love anything that I can just serve up in a bowl – quick and easy to clean up. This one is really yummy. Instant Pot Skinny Burrito Bowl Recipe Type: Healthy Cuisine: Mexican Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 10 […]
Instant Pot Skinny Egg Roll Bowl I love egg rolls. But sometimes it’s just too much with all the fat from frying. This is just as good and much healthier. Instant Pot Skinny Egg Roll Bowl Recipe Type: Entree Cuisine: Asian Author: Marsha Powell Prep […]
Instant Pot Skinny Garlic Chicken
This one looks really good. I’ll have to try this real soon.
- 4-5 frozen or thawed chicken breasts
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 cups unsalted chicken broth or chicken stock
- Mrs. Dash garlic & herb seasoning (seasoned to your liking)
- Mrs. Dash original blend seasoning (seasoned to your liking)
- Season the chicken to your liking with Mrs. Dash garlic & herb and original blend seasoning.
- Place the chicken in the Instant Pot.
- Add the cloves of garlic.
- Pour the chicken broth or chicken stock over the chicken making sure it is at least covered halfway over the chicken.
- Lock the lid and position the valve to seal at the top of the pressure cooker.
- Push manual and set on high for 12 minutes for frozen chicken or 10 minutes for thawed chicken.
- When it is finished cooking release the steam with the valve on top. Once the steam is released the lid will unlock.
- The chicken is ready to be taken out and eaten.
Instant Pot Skinny Beef Stew I was looking for some healthy recipes and came across quite a few using the Instant Pot. So, I thought it might be a good idea to post some of them. Hopefully, this will help out everyone trying to lose […]
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup I love chicken noodle soup and not just when I’m ill. I usually have some warm, crust bread with mine. Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe Type: Soup Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 20 […]
Instant Pot Chunky Beef, Cabbage & Tomato Soup
This is so good and it’s one of those that freezes well.
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 28 oz can diced or crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 5 cups chopped green cabbage
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Assuming your electric pressure cooker has a saute option, or if using the Instant Pot, press the saute button and let the pressure cooker get very hot, when hot spray with oil, add the ground beef and salt and cook until browned breaking the meat up into small pieces as it cooks, 3 to 4 minutes.
- When browned, add the onion, celery and carrots and saute 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, cabbage, beef stock and bay leaves, lock the lid cook high pressure 20 minutes.
- Let the steam release naturally. Remove bay leaves and serve. Makes 11 cups.
- STOVE TOP:
- Follow the same directions as above in a large pot or Dutch oven, cook covered low 40 minutes.
Instant Pot Minestrone This is one of my favorite soups. It freezes well, too. Instant Pot Minestrone Recipe Type: Soup Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 4 mins Total time: 14 mins Serves: 8 Ingredients 1 can kidney beans drained […]
Instant Pot Beef Vegetable Soup I’m trying to post recipes that will help with all our New Year’s resolutions to eat healthier. I’m sure hoping that these Instant Pot soup recipes will work for everyone. Instant Pot Beef Vegetable Soup Recipe Type: Soup Cuisine: American […]
Instant Pot Weight Loss Soup
This soup is really good if you want to shed some pounds. I’ve got lots of it made up and frozen.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 4 medium carrots chopped
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups chopped cabbage half head
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 small bunch broccoli florets
- 1 14- ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt optional
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Set Instant Pot to the saute setting. Add the olive oil and allow to heat for 1 minute. Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 -7 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Add the cabbage, green pepper, zucchini, broccoli, tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, spices and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot, close the steam vent and set to HIGH pressure using the manual setting. Decrease the time to 4 minutes. It will take about 15 minutes for the pressure to build, then the timer will start.
- Once the time is expired, wait for 5 minutes, then carefully use the quick release valve to release the steam. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.
- FOR THE STOVETOP:
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan set over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Add the cabbage, green pepper, zucchini, tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, spices and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.
Instant Pot Split Pea Soup It’s going to be chilly here in Northeast Texas and soup will sure taste good. So, I’ve been baking lots of soups in the Instant Pot and then freezing them. Makes it so much easier at suppertime. Instant Pot Split […]
Instant Pot Spaghetti & Meat Sauce I love pasta just about any way you can fix it. This one is really good with lots of flavor. It always amazes me that the Instant Pot cooks the pasta to the perfect consistency. Instant Pot Spaghetti & […]
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
These are so easy. I always wrap mine in foil. They’re just perfect for adding all kinds of stuffings.
- 8 medium red potatoes russet potatoes always work great
- 1 cup water
- Classic Loaded
- 1 tablespoon bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon green onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons ground beef cooked and crumbled with taco seasoning to taste
- 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon salsa mild or extra spicy!
- Broccoli Alfredo
- 1 tablespoon Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons broccoli florets steamed
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese shredded
- Place the rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot and pour 1 cup of water in the bottom.
- Optional: Wrap each potato in a small piece of foil and place on top of rack (stacking them is fine — I get about 7 flat on the rack), or skip the foil and just place them on the rack.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and switch the valve to sealing.
- Press Manual, leave the Instant Pot at high pressure (the default), and set the time at 15 minutes for small potatoes, 17 minutes for medium potatoes, or 20 minutes for large potatoes. The Instant Pot will begin heating and building pressure, and this will take about 8-10 minutes. It will then begin counting down from 15 until the potatoes are cooked.
- When the timer beeps, press Cancel and either allow the Instant Pot 10 minutes to naturally release pressure before opening the valve to venting and removing the lid, or do a quick release and open the valve after pressing Cancel. If you do a quick release, be careful as the steam is hot and comes out quickly. I like to use a towel to do this.
- Note: If you like, you can split the potatoes and add butter and salt in the center so that they will season as they cook. Then wrap in foil and continue with the recipe.
Instant Pot Raisin Bread This is a no knead bread that will rise in the Instant Pot. Then, you’ll bake it in the oven. I made it yesterday and it comes out so good. Instant Pot Raisin Bread Recipe Type: Yeast Bread Cuisine: American Author: […]
Instant Pot Glazed Ham We’ll be having ham for our Christmas dinner. I’m going to make it this way. Instant Pot Glazed Ham Recipe Type: Entree Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 15 mins Serves: 6 […]
Instant Pot Candied Sweet Potatoes
We always have candied sweet potatoes during the holidays. This year I’ll try making them this way.
- 3-4 pounds fresh sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into thick wedges
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 – 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Wash, peel and cut the sweet potatoes into thick wedges.
- Soak in a bowl of cool water to prevent browning while your getting the candied syrup mixed together.
- Melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave.
- Add the brown sugar, corn syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg to the melted butter and mix well.
- Drain the sweet potato wedges in a colander.
- Remove the basket from the Instant Pot and put the sweet potato wedges into the aluminum pot.
- Pour the syrup over the sweet potatoes.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and close the lid making sure it has been locked on. Make sure the venting seal is pointed to the closed setting.
- Press the steam button and set the temperature to normal. Adjust the time to 5 minutes.
- Once the timer has gone off alerting you that the Instant Pot is done cooking immediately vent the steam using the quick release method. ( carefully use a wooden spoon to tap the valve open making sure the steam is releasing away from your face on the back end of the Instant Pot).
- Once all of the steam has been quick released from the pressure cooker carefully open the Instant Pot lid carefully making sure the steam is escaping on the opposite side of the pressure cooker away from your face.
- Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Sprinkle 2 or 3 cups of miniature marshmallows over the top of the cooked candied sweet potatoes. Place the lid back on the pressure cooker but do not turn and lock the lid.
- Check after about 5 minutes to see if the marshmallows have melted. If not place the lid back on for a few more minutes. If they have melted leave the lid off.
- You can serve the candied sweet potatoes right from the Instant Pot or you can lift the sweet potatoes out of the Instant Pot with a slotted spoon and place them in a serving bowl to serve.
- Sprinkle a handful or two of mini marshmallows over the top.
Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole Call me crazy, but I love this. Now, it’s alot easier with the Instant Pot. Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole Recipe Type: Side Dish Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 25 mins Total time: 35 […]