New Orleans Roast Beef Po’Boy Years and years ago I lived in Mississisppi on the coast. Every so often, we’d make a point of driving over to New Orleans to get Po’Boys. This recipe hits it perfectly. New Orleans Roast Beef Po’Boy Print Prep […]
Crock Pot Zucchini & Squash Casserole
This is like an au gratin with the cheese and breadcrumbs. This isn’t one of those all day crock pot recipes. It only takes 2 hours to cook.
I used to make it for Thanksgiving dinner. I could put it together early and it was ready when dinner was served.
- 4 cups zucchini, sliced
- 4 cups yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbs butter, melted (divided)
- 2 cups round butter snack crackers, crumbled (divided)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner. Place zucchini, squash, onions and 1 tablespoon melted butter in large microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Place in slow cooker. Add 1 cup of breadcrumbs, ½ cup of cheese, sour cream, garlic salt, pepper, chicken broth and parsley to slow cooker; mix well. In small bowl, mix together all of remaining breadcrumbs, cheese and melted butter. Sprinkle crumb mixture over vegetables. Cook on low for 2 hours. Uncover; remove stoneware insert from slow cooker. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
Crock Pot Pumpkin Dump Cake
This recipe comes from Hamilton Beach. It was in a cookbook that came with a crock pot I had a while back. It’s really good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 1 box (16.25 ounces) white cake mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Spray slow cooker crock with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, using a whisk, blend cake mix, pumpkin puree, eggs, water, ground cinnamon and butterscotch chips. Pour batter into prepared crock.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW for 3½ to 4 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
Pork Chops with Apples and Sweet Potatoes
Put this in the crock pot in the morning and it’s ready when you are! The house will smell heavenly when you come in.
- 3 lbs. pork chops
- 1 rib celery, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can chicken broth
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- Put pork chops on bottom of crock pot. Top with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low for at least 9 hours.
- Note: I used extra thick butterfly pork chops.
Crockpot Chicken Dinner
I think this recipe came with my first crockpot. However I got it, it’s been used many times over. The kids loved it. There was never anything left.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 medium red potatoes, quartered. (I left the peel on)
- 5 large carrots, sliced in thick chunks
- 1 large onion, sliced thick
- 1 10¾ ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 10¾ ounce can cream of chicken soup
- ¼ tsp. poultry seasoning
- Instant potato flakes (optional)
- Place potatoes, onion and carrots in crock pot.
- Lay chicken on top of vegetables.
- Mix soups and poultry seasoning together and pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook 6 to 8 hours on LOW.
- If you'd like to thicken the sauce, stir in some instant potato flakes at the end of the cooking time.
The kids loved these! Easy enough to get into the pot early in the morning for a good lunch.
- 1½ lbs. lean ground beef
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped, (optional)
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced fine
- 8 sandwich buns, split and toasted
- pickles, or mustard or ketchup or relish or barbecue sauce or sliced tomatoes or onions or any other toppings or condiments you might want.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef with garlic powder and black pepper until beef is cooked through.
- Drain off excess fat and transfer beef to a 3½ to 5 quart crockpot.
- Add cheese, milk, green bell pepper, chopped onion and chopped garlic to the beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours.
- Serve on toasted sandwich buns with an assortment of condiments and toppings.
Winter Vegetable Soup
I used to make this when the kids were home. It doesn’t make a whole lot, but you can always double it and put it in the freezer for later.
- 2 cups sliced leeks
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1½ cups diced turnips
- 3 cups diced yellow squash
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen peas
- 1½ tsp savory
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- Combine all the ingredients in the crock pot. Turn it on LOW and cook for 8 hours.
[lt_recipe name=”Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo Lasagna” servings=”10″ prep_time=”20M” cook_time=”4H30M” total_time=”4H50M” difficulty=”Easy” summary=”Don’t cook longer than 5 hours or it gets mushy.” print=”yes” image=”https://thebellyrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/chicken-alfredo-lasagna-300×167.jpg” ingredients=”1 box raw lasagna noodles;2 16-oz. jars alfredo sauce;1/3 c. water;1 1/2 c. chicken, cooked and diced;1 16-oz container cottage cheese or […]