Beef Bourguignon Meatballs I haven’t tried this recipe yet, but it sounds really really good. If anyone tries it, then let me know what you think. Beef Bourguignon Meatballs Print Prep time 25 mins Cook time 3 hours Total time 3 hours 25 mins […]
Tag: crock pot
New England Pot Roast
The original recipe has been developed for the crock pot – just to make life easier.
- 3½ to 4 pound Bottom Round beef roast
- One large Vidalia onion, chopped (approximately 2 cups)
- 6 to 8 carrots peeled and cut in half and then lengthwise
- Six potatoes washed, and quartered
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil or olive oil
- One large Bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon of gravy Master
- 32 ounces of beef stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One cup of Korbels cream sherry or sweet red wine of your choice
- Pat the roast dry with paper towels. Heat the oil in a large pot. Sprinkle seasoning all over the meat. (You may dust the meet with flour, if you would like the stock to thicken up as it cooks).
- Brown the roast on all sides for several minutes. Remove the roast and put it into the slow cooker on high.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook for five minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for one minute more.
- Add the beef stock, bay leaf, Worcester shire sauce, Gravy Master, and the Cream Sherry and bring just to a boil. Pour the stock over the meat in the slow cooker and cover.
- Cook for one hour on high, then reduce heat to low for 6 hours, or until the meet starts to pull apart with two forks.
- Add the potatoes and carrots and cook for 60 to 90 minutes more, depending upon your crockpot heat setting, and remaining time you have left before dinner.
Crock Pot Chicken & Cornbread Dressing
I love chicken and dressing, so when I just can’t stand in the kitchen and cook, I use this recipe. It’s just right.
- 4 large, boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 10-ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1¼ cups water
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 6-ounce package of cornbread stuffing mix
- Place chicken in greased crock pot.
- Pour undiluted soup over the chicken.
- In a medium bowl, mix cornbread stuffing mix, butter and water. Mix until well combined and then spoon over chicken.
- Cover. Cook on LOW for 4 hours or until the juices run clear.
I love this served over spaghetti. On the side, I usually have a nice green salad. This is another recipe that came with my first crock pot.
- 6 medium-sized chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp. shortening
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1-lb. can tomatoes
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- ⅓ cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. basil
- ½ tsp. celery salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- Heat shortening in skillet. Brown chicken.. Place in crock pot. Cover with onion slices, then add all the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
Candied Sweet Potatoes
According to my family, you can’t have Thanksgiving without this.
The recipe tells you to put the sweet potatoes in a casserole dish and then cover with marshmallows and stick under the broiler. We like it better when the marshmallows are put on top of the sweet potatoes in the crock pot and cover for about an hour. I usually do this in the last hour.
- 6 or 7 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- mini marshmallows
- Spray or grease the crock pot. Lay the sweet potatoes in the bottom.
- In a bowl, mix the orange juice, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and brown sugar. Pour over the sweet potatoes.
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- Put the sweet potatoes in a baking dish. Cover with mini marshmallows. Broil until browned.
[lt_recipe name=”San Francisco Pork Chops” servings=”4″ prep_time=”20M” cook_time=”8H” total_time=”8H20M” difficulty=”Easy” summary=”Another great recipe for those busy days. Don’t leave out the pepper flakes. Cut back if you must, but they give these chops a nice zing.” print=”yes” image=”https://thebellyrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/SanFranciscoPorkChops-300×191.jpg” ingredients=”2 Tbsp. oil;4 thick cut pork chops – the thicker the better, but at least 1-inch thick;salt and pepper, to taste;2 cloves garlic, minced;1/4 c. soy sauce;1/4 c. chicken broth;2 Tbsp. brown sugar;1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes;1 Tbsp. cornstarch;1 Tbsp. cold water;” ]Heat oil in skillet; season chops; brown for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Put in crock. Add garlic to drippings. Saute. Stir in soy sauce, broth, brown sugar and pepper flakes; cook until sugar dissolves. Pour over chops.;Cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours. Remove chops. Mix cornstarch and cold water. Whisk into sauce in crock. Put chops back in. Turn on HIGH for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Serve over potatoes or rice.;[/lt_recipe]