Crock Pot Kielbasa, Peppers and Onions I’ve seen alot of people just serve this up in a bowl. Sometimes with some rice or noodles. I prefer to leave my Kielbasa in one piece and then put it in a heavy duty sub or hoagie roll […]
Tag: crock pot
Crock Pot Frito Pies I love Frito Pies! They’re quick, easy and they’ll fill you up. This version is great if you want to get everything ready ahead of time so all you have to do is to dish it up. Crock Pot Frito Pies […]
Crock Pot Sour Cream Beef Stroganoff
I love crock pot recipes. With my Instant Pot, I can use it as a pressure cooker or a crock pot. I’m getting alot of use out of the Instant Pot!
- 2 lbs. cubed beef stew meat
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 (1.25 ounce) packages brown gravy mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Cook egg noodles or steamed rice
- Additional sour cream for serving.
- Add the stew meat, onions and mushrooms to a 4-quart or larger crock pot.
- Whisk the gravy mixes and the water in a small bowl. Stir this into the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours without opening the lid during cooking time.
- Stir in the 1 1/2 cups sour cream. Turn off the crock pot and put the lid back on so the sour cream can warm just a bit.** Ladle the stroganoff sauce over noodles or rice.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream for garnish.
- **Note: If you’re using an instant pot, cancel the slow cooker setting. Add the sour cream; put the lid back on and push the Keep Warm button. Let it set like that for just long enough to warm the sour cream a bit.
Beef Bourguignon Meatballs I haven’t tried this recipe yet, but it sounds really really good. If anyone tries it, then let me know what you think. Beef Bourguignon Meatballs Recipe Type: Entree Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 25 mins Cook time: 3 hours […]
Crock Pot Pulled Pork Hubby made this up yesterday and we had sandwiches for our supper last night. It came out extremely good. Crock Pot Pulled Pork Recipe Type: Crock Pot Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 10 hours Total […]
New England Pot Roast
The original recipe has been developed for the crock pot – just to make life easier.
- 3 1/2 to 4 pound Bottom Round beef roast
- One large Vidalia onion, chopped (approximately 2 cups)
- 6 to 8 carrots peeled and cut in half and then lengthwise
- Six potatoes washed, and quartered
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil or olive oil
- One large Bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon of gravy Master
- 32 ounces of beef stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One cup of Korbels cream sherry or sweet red wine of your choice
- Pat the roast dry with paper towels. Heat the oil in a large pot. Sprinkle seasoning all over the meat. (You may dust the meet with flour, if you would like the stock to thicken up as it cooks).
- Brown the roast on all sides for several minutes. Remove the roast and put it into the slow cooker on high.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook for five minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for one minute more.
- Add the beef stock, bay leaf, Worcester shire sauce, Gravy Master, and the Cream Sherry and bring just to a boil. Pour the stock over the meat in the slow cooker and cover.
- Cook for one hour on high, then reduce heat to low for 6 hours, or until the meet starts to pull apart with two forks.
- Add the potatoes and carrots and cook for 60 to 90 minutes more, depending upon your crockpot heat setting, and remaining time you have left before dinner.
Crock Pot Teriyaki Meatballs I love meatballs for party appetizers. Stick a toothpick in them and they’re ready to go. Crock Pot Teriyaki Meatballs Recipe Type: Appetizer Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 3 hours Total time: 3 hours 10 […]
Crock Pot Candy This is so easy. The recipe calls for roasted peanuts. I usually take and divide it up and add different nuts or raisins. Crock Pot Candy Recipe Type: Candy Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 1 hour […]
Crock Pot Chicken & Cornbread Dressing
I love chicken and dressing, so when I just can’t stand in the kitchen and cook, I use this recipe. It’s just right.
- 4 large, boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 10-ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 6-ounce package of cornbread stuffing mix
- Place chicken in greased crock pot.
- Pour undiluted soup over the chicken.
- In a medium bowl, mix cornbread stuffing mix, butter and water. Mix until well combined and then spoon over chicken.
- Cover. Cook on LOW for 4 hours or until the juices run clear.
Golden Glow Pork Chops I love these in the Autumn. They always come out very tender. I usually use the big butterfly chops. To me, they come out so much better. Golden Glow Pork Chops Recipe Type: Crock Pot Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep […]
Cheesy Brat Stew This is so good on a cold evening. My daughter loved it when she was little. You can add whatever veggies you’d like. I usually add carrots and/or peas. Cheesy Brat Stew Recipe Type: Crock Pot Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep […]
I love this served over spaghetti. On the side, I usually have a nice green salad. This is another recipe that came with my first crock pot.
- 6 medium-sized chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp. shortening
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1-lb. can tomatoes
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- Heat shortening in skillet. Brown chicken.. Place in crock pot. Cover with onion slices, then add all the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
Meat Loaf with Cheesy Tomato Sauce I used to make this up alot when the kids were home. It comes out really good. The recipe came with my first crock pot. Meat Loaf with Cheesy Tomato Sauce Recipe Type: Crock Pot Cuisine: American Author: Marsha […]
Crock Pot Fried Apples This recipe for fried apples is fantastic. I like to make it and have a big bowl while they’re still warm. Add a bit of whipped cream and you have a yummy dessert. I always end up making a double recipe. […]
Candied Sweet Potatoes
According to my family, you can’t have Thanksgiving without this.
The recipe tells you to put the sweet potatoes in a casserole dish and then cover with marshmallows and stick under the broiler. We like it better when the marshmallows are put on top of the sweet potatoes in the crock pot and cover for about an hour. I usually do this in the last hour.
- 6 or 7 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- mini marshmallows
- Spray or grease the crock pot. Lay the sweet potatoes in the bottom.
- In a bowl, mix the orange juice, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and brown sugar. Pour over the sweet potatoes.
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- Put the sweet potatoes in a baking dish. Cover with mini marshmallows. Broil until browned.
Garlic Pork Roast This is a wonderful crock pot recipe. I’ve made it several times and it always comes out good. Garlic Pork Roast Recipe Type: Pork Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 6 hours Total time: 6 hours 10 […]
Crock Pot Stuffed Green Peppers I didn’t take this picture. I have a dear friend who made these last weekend. Thank you, Kathy Lambert! Crock Pot Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe Type: Entree Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 8 hours […]
San Francisco Pork Chops
Another great recipe for those busy days. Don't leave out the pepper flakes. Cut back if you must, but they give these chops a nice zing.
By: Marsha Powell
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 4 thick cut pork chops - the thicker the better, but at least 1-inch thick
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. cold water
- Step 1 Heat oil in skillet
- Step 2 season chops
- Step 3 brown for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Put in crock. Add garlic to drippings. Saute. Stir in soy sauce, broth, brown sugar and pepper flakes
- Step 4 cook until sugar dissolves. Pour over chops.
- Step 5 Cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours. Remove chops. Mix cornstarch and cold water. Whisk into sauce in crock. Put chops back in. Turn on HIGH for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Serve over potatoes or rice.