Irish Chocolate Coffee Bundt Cake Is it too early for Irish recipes? St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner so let’s get started. Irish Chocolate Coffee Bundt Cake Print Prep time 25 mins Cook time 1 hour Total time 1 hour 25 mins […]
Outrageous Cherry Dr Pepper Cake
In Texas, Dr Pepper is practically a staple in everyone’s refrigerator. This cake just had to be made.
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box super moist chocolate fudge cake mix (dry)
- 12 ounces Dr. Pepper Cherry (room temperature)
- 1 (18 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, divided
- 2 (1 cup) sticks salted butter (room temperature)
- 7 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13x2 baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix and soda. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Remove 24 cherries from the jar, remove stems and cut cherries into fourths. Add cut cherries to cake batter. Whisk again until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan. Smooth with a spatula so the cake is even.
- Place the cake in the center of the oven and bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile: Add butter to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or place in a large bowl and use and hand mixer).
- Beat butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add sugar 1 cup at a time until it is all incorporated (beating between each addition).
- Add 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) maraschino cherry juice from the jar and beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Frost the cake with all of the icing and garnish with remaining cherries.
Hot Fudge Sundae Cake
I made this a while back and found the recipe this morning. It’s so good! I think I’ll have to make it this weekend.
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tsp. oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 1/34 cup HOT tap water
- Ice Cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, sugar, 2 Tbsp. cocoa, baking powder and salt in ungreased square 9-inch pan.
- Mix in milk, oil and vanilla with a fork until smooth. Stir in nuts. Even it out in the pan.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and ¼ cup cocoa. Pour hot water over the batter. DO NOT STIR!
- Bake for 40 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
Red Velvet Hot Chocolate This recipe comes from Cheryl at https://tidymom.net Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Print Prep time 15 mins Cook time 5 mins Total time 20 mins Recipe published by Cheryl at https://tidymom.net Author: Marsha Powell Recipe type: Beverages Cuisine: American Serves: […]
Polar Express Hot Chocolate
This recipe comes from Christy at www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com She’s got lots of good recipes on her blog.
- 6 cups milk
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups bittersweet chocolate chips (use a quality chocolate like Ghirardelli)
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- In a large pot combine all of the ingredients over low heat. Keep mixture over low heat for 30-40 minutes whisking occasionally until chocolate is fully melted and incorporated with the other ingredients. You can add milk here to adjust to your chocolate preference. Give it a good whisking before serving to get it nice and frothy. If you have an immersion blender, that works great here.
- Serve immediately or pour into a crockpot and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Top with whipped cream, crushed candy canes, or sprinkles.
Pioneer Potato Candy
Years ago when the kids were still in school, my daughter came home with this recipe. It was from another mother who did as much holiday cooking and baking as I did. They’re so good, that I used to make them every year. Now, I make them for gifts.
Divide the dough up and add different flavorings.
- 1 c. warm unseasoned mashed potatoes
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 lbs. powdered sugar
- 1 lb. chocolate coating or dipping chocolate
- ⅔ c. ground salted peanuts or 1 c. shredded coconut
- Combine potatoes, salt, and vanilla in a 4 quart bowl. Put sugar in potatoes, stirring in 1 cup at a time. Mixture will liquefy when first sugar is added, then begins to thicken. When it is as thick as dough, knead it even through all the sugar has not been added (likewise, add more sugar if needed). After kneading, cover with damp cloth; chill until small spoonfuls can be rolled into a ball. Shape in balls. Dip in melted chocolate, then roll in nuts or coconut. Makes 2 pounds.
- We like to divide into several bowls, putting a different flavor and color in each.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Candy Squares Do you make candy to have at Thanksgiving? Or maybe for Christmas gifts? I do. I have no idea where I got this recipe because I’ve been making these for many years. Peanut Butter Chocolate Candy Squares Print Prep […]
Bailey’s Dark Chocolate Guinness Bread I ran into this recipe when I was looking for something special for hubby. This was published by Chrisy at https://homemadehooplah.com You just have to go check out her blog. She has lots of great recipes. This is an excellent […]
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites These are right up my alley. All the yummy stuff in one bite. Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites Print Prep time 30 mins Total time 30 mins Published by Jordan at smilesandwich.com Author: Marsha Powell Recipe […]