Carmelized Onion Bacon Dip I usually have this with Club crackers or some heavy duty tortilla chips. It’s great to have on the table as an appetizer.
Bacon Queso Burgers
Put these on the grill and then add all the toppings. I found that you could even cook the bacon on the grill if you want.
Bacon Queso Burgers
By: Marsha Powell
- 1½ lb. ground sirloin
- 6 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 lb. easy melt cheese (like Velveeta) cut into ½-inch cubes
- 10 oz Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 pieces leaf lettuce
- 1 large tomato, cut into 6 slices
- Step 1 Melt velveeta and rotel in a medium saucepan over low heat. You can also melt in the microwave 3-5 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Step 2 Preheat grill to medium and shape hamburger meat into 6 patties. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Grill 4 to 5 minutes each side or until no longer pink.
- Step 3 To assemble the burgers, place burger on bottom bun and top with 2 Tbs melted cheese. Top with bacon, lettuce, tomato and Fritos.
Asparagus & Bacon Popover I have several recipes here from Kevin over at Closet Cooking This man is absolutely amazing with what he has to work with. Check out his recipes when you get the chance. This recipe is so good! I’m thinking […]
Breakfast Stuffed Waffles The picture I have looks so much different than the original. But, they sure tasted great. I found these over at Damn Delicious Chunguh has that blog and has posted lots of wonderful recipes. Check it out when you get a […]
Bacon Cheeseburger Salad
I messed up the title on the picture. It’s a yummy salad – not a casserole
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 white onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce sugar free
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup diced dill pickles
- 1/4 cup sliced dill pickles
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup cheddar cheese sliced and diced
- 8 slices bacon cooked crisp and chopped
- 1 cup thousand island dressing sugar free
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- Cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Add barbecue sauce and simmer 1 minute. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients including beef. Toss and serve.
Spaghetti Carbonara This one is so yummy. I know you’ll like it. Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe Type: Entree Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 25 mins Serves: 5 Ingredients 8 oz whole-wheat spaghetti 3 slice reduced fat […]
BLT Pasta Salad I love my pasta and I love my salads. This is perfect. I substituted bow tie pasta for the shells because that’s what I had on hand. BLT Pasta Salad Recipe Type: Salad Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 15 mins […]
Hot Bacon Spinach Dip
I’m not one for spinach in anything, but this does sound good. I’m sure it would be great with some cracker or toast rounds. I came across this recipe in the big recipe box. It was in a flyer from Kroger.
- 1 box (9 oz.) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 envelope dry onion soup & dip mix
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well and pat dry.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream and onion soup mix. Add spinach and 1½ cups of the cheese; mix well. Spread mixture in 9” glass pie plate.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes until heated through. Top with remaining ½ cup cheese and bacon. Bake 2-3 minutes more until cheese is melted. Serve with crackers.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Tasty Quiche This is a classic Quiche Lorraine recipe. It’s always great for breakfast or brunch. Tasty Quiche Recipe Type: Main Dish Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 50 mins Total time: 1 hour 10 mins Serves: 6 Ingredients 4 […]
Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Mini Peppers Aren’t they cute? I will definitely have to make these up for New Year’s Eve. Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Mini Peppers Recipe Type: Appetizers Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 12 mins Total time: 27 mins […]
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs
I don’t ever make appetizers except on New Year’s Eve. Then, hubby and I sit around and watch the festivities on TV. For those of you having parties and large get-togethers over the holidays, then this recipe and a few more appetizer recipes might help you out.
- Farm Rich Original Meatballs
- American Cheese, cut in small pieces
- Pre-Cooked Bacon slices, cut in small pieces
- Ice Berg Lettuce, cut into small pieces
- Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
- Bake up as many Farm Rich Original Meatballs as you desire, following the package instructions.
- Meanwhile: Cut small pieces of American cheese to melt on top when meatballs are baked.
- “Stack” your desired toppings on toothpicks. I used a piece of bacon, a small piece of ice berg lettuce and a half grape tomato.
- When the baking time is up, top each meatball with a small slice of cheese, place back in the oven for a couple of minutes more to let the cheese melt.
- Poke the already stacked skewer into the meatball, plate and serve.
- Serve with ketchup, mayo and mustard dipping “sauce” if desired.
Creamy Broccoli Salad I love salads and make them often. This one is great for a side dish. Creamy Broccoli Salad Recipe Type: Salad Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 15 mins Total time: 15 mins Serves: 6 Adapted from Jen at yummyhealthyeasy.com Ingredients […]
Creamy Cajun Potato Salad This is the best cajun style potato salad that I’ve ever tasted. It does have a bit of a kick to it with the cayenne and cajun seasoning. You can adjust it to your taste. Creamy Cajun Potato Salad Recipe Type: […]
Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole
When my kids were at home, I would make something like this for them to have before they went to school. It filled them up – especially on cold mornings.
- 1 (30 oz) pkg frozen tater tots
- 6 oz Canadian bacon, diced
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 Tbs all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- In a greased 5-quart or larger slow cooker, layer 1/3 of the tots, Canadian bacon, onions and cheeses. Repeat these layers twice, ending with the layer of cheeses. In large mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour mixture over the ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover with lid; cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.