Chinese Chicken Salad This is just so yummy. It makes up quite a lot, but we’ll have it for more than one meal. Chinese Chicken Salad Print Prep time 25 mins Total time 25 mins Author: Marsha Powell Recipe type: Salad Cuisine: Asian […]
Instant Pot Bang Bang Chicken
I love my Instant Pot, so I’m always looking for different things to make. This one comes out really good. Since hubby and I aren’t real big on the hot spicy stuff, I cut way back on the Siriracha sauce. You can add however much you’d like depending on your personal preferences.
- For the Chicken:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 TBS sriracha
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- 1 TBS rice vinegar
- For the Rice:
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 cups water
- For the additional sauce:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 TBS Sriracha ,(add less or more depending on the spice level)
- 1 TBS rice vinegar
- 2 TBS sugar
- For the toppings
- 2 cups shredded cabbage blend (I like green/purple/red)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- For chicken and rice:
- In a small cup whisk together 2 TBS Sriracha, ⅓ cup chicken stock, 1 TBS rice wine vinegar; set aside. Place chicken breasts into instant pot. Add sauce mixture over the top. Place instant pot rack on top of chicken breasts (it is okay for it to touch the chicken).
- In an oven safe bowl, add rice and water, mix gently. Place bowl on top of rack inside instant pot. Close top of instant pot, making sure the sealing valve is in the sealed position. Cook on manual/high for 6 minutes.
- When time is up, allow 10 minutes to naturally release (do not remove top or flip pressure valve for 10 minutes). After 10 minutes, flip the pressure valve to release any remaining pressure. Carefully open the top away from your body, and set aside.
- Using oven mitts or a towel, remove rice bowl from instant pot; carefully fluff rice with a fork and set aside. Using tongs remove rack on top of the chicken. Remove chicken breasts and transfer to a cutting board. Shred the chicken using 2 forks. Once shredded, add chicken back to instant pot to absorb the cooking liquid. Stir to combine.
- For extra sauce:
- Combine all additional sauce ingredients in a cup or small bowl and set aside.
- For serving:
- Serve chicken over rice* and top with cabbage, tomatoes, green onions, and additional sauce.
Beef & Broccoli Noodles
This a great Asian recipe. It’s quite flavorful with lots of garlic and spices.
- 8 ounces wide rice noodles
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounce flank steak, sliced against the grain
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounce mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons hoisen sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large pot with boiling water, cook the noodles according to package directions. Add the broccoli the last 5 minutes of cooking and let them cook until tender. Drain the noodles and broccoli.
- While the pasta is cooking, add olive oil to a medium sized skillet. Cook the steak until no longer pink. Add the garlic, and mushrooms and cook for a minute more.
- In a small bowl whisk together the brown sugar soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper, pepper and cornstarch.
- Add the noodles to the skillet and pour the sauce on top and toss until incorporated.
- Serve immediately.
[lt_recipe name=”Pad Thai” servings=”6″ prep_time=”30M” cook_time=”15M” total_time=”45M” difficulty=”Fairly Easy” summary=”The recipe looks complicated, but it’s really not.” print=”yes” image=”https://thebellyrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Pad-Thai.jpg” ingredients=” 8 ounces rice noodles; 1 chicken breast — skinned and boned; 8 medium shrimp — shelled; 1/2 cup water; 1/4 cup fish sauce; 3 tablespoons sugar; 1 tablespoon lime juice; 1 teaspoon paprika; 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper; 1/2 pound bean sprouts; 3 garlic cloves — finely chopped; 1 egg; 4 tablespoons roasted peanuts — finely chopped” ]Place rice noodles in a large bowl. Cover with water; soak 30-45 minutes. Cut chicken into 1 1/2 x 3 inch strips.;Cut shrimp in half lengthwise; set aside. Combine water, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl; set aside. Reserve 1/4 of bean sprouts for topping; combine remaining sprouts and onions.;Drain noodles. Heat a wok over medium heat for 2 minutes. Push chicken to one side. Break egg into wok. Stir quickly to break up yolk and scramble egg. When egg is set, mix with chicken. Add drained noodles, shrimp, fish sauce mixture and 3 tablespoons peanuts. Cook and stir over high heat for 2-3 minutes.;Spoon onto a heated platter. Sprinkle with reserved bean sprouts, then with remaining peanuts.;[/lt_recipe]
[lt_recipe name=”Teriyaki Chicken Pizza” servings=”8″ prep_time=”30M” cook_time=”14M” total_time=”45M” difficulty=”Easy” summary=”A different kind of pizza!” print=”yes” image=”https://thebellyrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/TeriyakiChickenPizza-300×225.jpg” ingredients=”1 12 inch pizza crust, baked;1 package Hormel Teriyaki Chicken;8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled;1/2 cup thinly sliced onion;1/2 cup thinly sliced green pepper;1/2 cup thinly sliced mushrooms;1 1/2 […]
[lt_recipe name=”Beef & Broccoli Rice” servings=”4″ prep_time=”10M” cook_time=”30M” total_time=”40M” difficulty=”Easy” summary=”The Texas Beef Council http://www.txbeef.org/” print=”yes” image=”https://thebellyrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/beefbroccoli-Rice.jpg” ingredients=”1 pound beef top round steak — cut 3/4 inch thick; 3 tablespoons butter — divided; 2 cloves garlic — crushed; 1/4 teaspoon salt; 1/8 teaspoon pepper; 1 […]