Three Cheese Pinwheels These are great appetizers or just for a snack. Three Cheese Pinwheels Recipe Type: Appetizer Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 15 mins Total time: 35 mins Serves: 8 Ingredients 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese 1/4 cup […]
Cajun Pigs in Blankets If you like Cajun, then you’ll love these. They’re great party appetizers. Cajun Pigs in Blankets Recipe Type: Appetizer Cuisine: Cajun Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 30 mins Serves: 18 Ingredients 1 can […]
Everything Bagel Egg Rolls
I made these up for New Year’s Eve for hubby and I. They are really good. I think they’d go great at a Super Bowl party.
- FOR THE EVERYTHING BAGEL SEASONING:
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp. dried minced onion
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Coarse salt
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 2 (8 oz.) bars cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced scallions
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- vegetable oil, for frying
- In a medium bowl, combine poppy seeds, dried onion, sesame seeds, garlic powder and salt. Using a fork, mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, bacon and scallions and season with salt. Fold to combine all ingredients.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in a diamond shape and spoon approximately 3 tablespoons cream cheese mixture into a line in the center. Fold up bottom half and tightly fold in sides. Gently roll, then seal fold with a couple drops of water.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil (it should reach 1″ up the side of pan) until it starts to bubble. Add egg rolls and fry until golden, 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and season immediately with everything seasoning. Let cool slightly and serve.
Pigs in Blankets I love these! Sometimes I’ll make a slit in the little smokey and push in a small piece of cheese. I usually have mustard for dipping. Pigs in Blankets Recipe Type: Appetizer Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 10 mins Cook […]
Sweet & Spicy Meatballs As you can tell, I do love meatballs for party appetizers. I made these up last year for hubby and I. They’re really good. Sweet & Spicy Meatballs Recipe Type: Appetizer Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 20 mins Cook […]
Crock Pot Teriyaki Meatballs
I love meatballs for party appetizers. Stick a toothpick in them and they’re ready to go.
- Turkey Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with foil, and spray it with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together all of the meatball ingredients except the ground turkey.
- Add in the turkey and mix together with a fork or your hands until everything is combined.
- Using an cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop out equal portions of the meatball mixture and form into balls.
- Place the meatballs onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime whisk together all of the ingredients in the teriyaki sauce in a medium sized bowl.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and place them in a slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray.
- Pour in the teriyaki sauce and toss everything together.
- Set the slow cooker to low, cover, and cook the meatballs for 2-3 hours.
- Give the meatballs a stir a couple times during the cooking process to ensure that all the meatballs are coated in the teriyaki sauce.
Cheesy Wonton Quesadillas I love these! I made some last year and they come out really good. I couldn’t get any of the round wonton wrappers that are called for in the recipe. I just used the little square ones and folded them into triangles. […]
Crock Pot Smokey Chorizo Bean Dip This one is really good. Serve with plain tortilla chips. Crock Pot Smokey Chorizo Bean Dip Recipe Type: Appetizer Cuisine: Mexican Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 3 hours Total time: 3 hours 15 mins Serves: […]
Stuffed Baby Sweet Peppers
Hubby brought home some of these one day when he went to the store. They were marked down, so he thought I could use them. I decided that they were best if stuffed and used as appetizers. Yup! I was right.
- 12 to 18 mini sweet peppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash, slice peppers long-ways. Scoop out the seeds.
- Mix cheeses and seasonings. Spoon into pepper halves.
- Place in a backing dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Mississippi Sin Dip I can’t tell you how good this is. I usually make it up for our New Year’s Eve celebration and serve it with good crackers. It’s a great way to use some of that leftover ham. Mississippi Sin Dip Recipe Type: Appetizer […]
Sausage & Cream Cheese Crescents Here’s another appetizer recipe for your parties. These are just too good. Sausage & Cream Cheese Crescents Recipe Type: Appetizer Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 15 mins Total time: 35 mins Serves: 20 Recipe […]
Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Sausage
These are so good. I’m sure that if you served them at your next party, your guest will love them.
- 10 strips bacon
- 30 little sausages
- 1 1/4 c. brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut strips of bacon into thirds. Wrap each little sausage with a piece of bacon and place seam side down in a glass baking dish. Sprinkle brown sugar over the sausages and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until bacon is cooked through and crisp.
Veggie Pizzas These are just veggies, but you can always add a small piece of pepperoni. Veggie Pizzas Recipe Type: Appetizer Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 15 mins Total time: 25 mins Serves: 16 Recipe published by Meggan. https://www.culinaryhill.com/vegetable-pizza/?m […]
Individual 7 Layer Dips These are perfect for those Christmas or New Year’s Eve parties. Individual Seven Layer Dips Recipe Type: Appetizers Cuisine: Mexican Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 20 mins Total time: 20 mins Serves: 8 Recipe published by Christy Denney. https://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/individual-seven-layer-dips Ingredients 1 […]
Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Mini Peppers
Aren’t they cute? I will definitely have to make these up for New Year’s Eve.
- 6 mini sweet peppers sliced in half, seeds and membranes removed
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese + extra for topping
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- chopped cilantro for topping optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese, green onions, bacon, garlic powder, cheddar, and Worcestershire sauce with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Fill the sliced peppers with the filling, about a heaping tablespoon each. Place on prepared cookie sheet, then sprinkle each pepper with a little extra cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly and peppers have softened.
- Allow to cool slightly before eating. Sprinkle with a little chopped cilantro if desired. Enjoy!
Pizza Rolls Here’s an appetizer that I could make a meal out of. I love pizza just about any way you can make it. Pizza Rolls Recipe Type: Appetizer Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 14 mins Total time: 19 […]
Mashed Potato Cheese Bites These look positively scrumptious. I just may have to make some for us. Mashed Potato Cheese Bites Recipe Type: Appetizer Cuisine: American Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 3 mins Total time: 23 mins Serves: 16 Recipe found […]
Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs
I don’t ever make appetizers except on New Year’s Eve. Then, hubby and I sit around and watch the festivities on TV. For those of you having parties and large get-togethers over the holidays, then this recipe and a few more appetizer recipes might help you out.
- Farm Rich Original Meatballs
- American Cheese, cut in small pieces
- Pre-Cooked Bacon slices, cut in small pieces
- Ice Berg Lettuce, cut into small pieces
- Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
- Bake up as many Farm Rich Original Meatballs as you desire, following the package instructions.
- Meanwhile: Cut small pieces of American cheese to melt on top when meatballs are baked.
- “Stack” your desired toppings on toothpicks. I used a piece of bacon, a small piece of ice berg lettuce and a half grape tomato.
- When the baking time is up, top each meatball with a small slice of cheese, place back in the oven for a couple of minutes more to let the cheese melt.
- Poke the already stacked skewer into the meatball, plate and serve.
- Serve with ketchup, mayo and mustard dipping “sauce” if desired.