Ham and Cheese Croissants
This recipe was created by Nicky over at Kitchen Sanctuary. She has some yummy recipes on her site. This one sounds really good for a Mother’s Day breakfast. I used a good quality Swiss cheese on mine. The sauce recipe is meant to be brushed onto the croissants. Well, I brushed it inside the croissants because I didn’t read through the recipe.
The recipe has them in the oven for just a few minutes. I know this would be so good. I didn’t do that, either, although I wish I had. I added some sliced tomato and lettuce to mine. Next time, I’ll make them exactly as directed. Mine came out good, but I’m sure they’re much better warm and melty with the sauce on top!
Ham & Cheese Croissants
- 4 croissants
- 8 slices good-quality ham
- 8 slices cheese - your choice
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Poppy seeds
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 375F. Slice the croissants in half lengthwise. Place a slice of cheese on the base of the croissants, followed by two slices of ham and another slice of cheese.
- Step 2 Place the croissants on a baking tray.
- Step 3 Mix the mustard, honey and brown sugar together and brush on top of the croissants. Sprinkle with poppy seeds and place in the oven for 6-7 minutes to heat through.
- Step 4 Serve immediately.