Spice Cake with Lemon Curd Fillilng
I bought a Fill & Flip pan and this recipe came with it. Have you ever seen one? They make a great dessert! Unfortunately, I couldn't find mine, so I used 2 8-inch round cake pans. And then, instead of just a drizzle of icing, I iced the cake with a vanilla buttercream icing.
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil, melted butter or applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 jar (2 1/2 cups) lemon curd
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- Step 1 Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray your cake pans.
- Step 2 Whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Step 3 In your mixer, cream the butter and sugars. Add the oil and eggs. Min in the dry ingredients alternately with the milk. Mix well.
- Step 4 Pour batter evenly into pans. Bake about 25 minutes.
- Step 5 Cool on rack for about 10 minutes. Then, invert onto the rack and cool completely.
- Step 6 Put the lemon curd between the layers.
- Step 7 Mix together your icing ingredients and drizzle over the top of the cake.