Cake Crumb Cookies
This is a great way to use up that cake that no one wants anymore.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 5 to 7 cups cake crumbs
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg OR allspice
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped
- Step 1 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie pans.
- Step 2 Crush cake into crumbs.
- Step 3 Beat eggs and milk
- Step 4 add crumbs. Let set 15 min.
- Step 5 Blend in sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Step 6 Sift together dry ingredients. Add to crumb mixture.
- Step 7 Fold in the nuts.
- Step 8 Drop by Tablespoons onto pan. Flatten*. These don’t spread.
- Step 9 Bake for 10 to 15 min. They won’t brown a whole lot.
- Step 10 *Note: To flatten the cookies, I used the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. It added a bit of a crunch top to the cookies.