Al Capone Roast
You know the mobsters had to eat good! It's like having a sub rolled up in your steak. I can live with that!
- 2 lbs. flank steak, pounded thin
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 oz. black olives, chopped
- 3/4 cup minced mushrooms
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 6 slices mortadella
- 6 slices mozzarella
- 12 slices pepperoni
- Italian seasoning
- Step 1 Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 On your steak, spread the mushrooms and olives.
- Step 3 Now, layer the proscuitto, mortadella, mozzarella and pepperoni. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, to taste.
- Step 4 Roll it up so that the grain runs lengthwise. Tie it up with butchers string.
- Step 5 Rub the outside with olive oil. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Step 6 Sear the roast in a skillet on all sides.
- Step 7 Lay in a foil lined pan and roast for 1 1/2 hours or until the internal temperature is 130 degrees F.
- Step 8 Let rest 10 minutes before serving.