Stove Top Scalloped Potatoes
I love these for those times when I don't want to turn on the oven. They always comes out perfect.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 lb. potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- Step 1 In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onion and garlic
- Step 2 cook for 5 minutes.
- Step 3 Stir in the flour, salt and garlic powder. Whisk in the milk.
- Step 4 Bring to a boil
- Step 5 add the potatoes. Cook for 10 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are done. Stir often to keep them from sticking.
- Step 6 When done, add the cheese. Stir. Serve.