Drunken Pork Chops
These come out so nice and tender. The Guinness does all the work.
- 5-6 butterfly pork chops
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 bottle of beer(Guinness)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Step 1 Put a little bit of extra virgin olive oil in the bottom of a skillet.
- Step 2 Season the chops with salt and pepper and brown both sides.
- Step 3 While pork chops are browning, combine beer, ketchup, and brown sugar in a bowl. Pour sauce mixture over the pork chops and simmer for 40-45 minutes.
- Step 4 Remove pork chops and thicken the sauce a bit. In a small cup, combine 1 TBSP of cornstarch in 1/4 cup of water. Stir to combine and add to boiling sauce, whisk so no lumps form.
- Step 5 Put pork chops back in the thickened sauce, flip to coat. Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.