If you like salmon, then you'll love this. It's an easy to do Cajun flavored salmon.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 4-5 ounce salmon filets
- 2-3 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- Step 1 Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Step 2 Pat the salmon filets dry with a paper towel and rub the cajun seasoning onto all sides of the salmon filets.
- Step 3 Place the filets top side down in the hot skillet and cook on the first side for about 5 minutes, or until the sides begin losing their shine and colour and a golden crust forms on the first side.
- Step 4 Flip the fillets and cook on the second side for about 5 more minutes, or until the filets reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit (63 degrees Celsius) and are safe to eat.
- Step 5 If you’re worried about over-browning, reduce the heat slightly and place a lid on the pan for about one minute. This will help the filets cook through.