Strawberry Oatmeal Pancakes
Healthy pancakes with lots of strawberries to give your morning a boost.
- 2 eggs whites, beaten until frothy
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 cups sliced strawberries, rinsed & drained
- 1 1/4 cups oatmeal
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- sugar-free strawberry preserves, melted
- Step 1 Combine egg whites, milk, vanilla, brown sugar and oatmeal in a medium bowl and mix lightly until blended. Let stand for 10 minutes or until oatmeal has softened.
- Step 2 Gradually add flours and baking powder
- Step 3 mix well just until ingredients are blended. Don’t overmix.
- Step 4 Fold in strawberries.
- Step 5 Spray a large nonstick skillet
- Step 6 cook until bubbles form on top. Flip pancakes and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Step 7 Remove pancakes from skillet and wrap in foil. Keep warm in a 300 degree oven while cooking remaining batter.
- Step 8 Serve with sugar free syrup or melted preserves.