Blueberry Chicken Salad
This is a great way to use up some leftover chicken. Or, you can cook up some breasts just for this.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups blueberries, rinsed, drained & divided
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 2 Tbsp. slivered almonds
- Step 1 Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and cayenne pepper in medium bowl
- Step 2 mix well.
- Step 3 Add chicken, celery, onion, bell pepper, tomato, avocado, tarragon and pepper
- Step 4 toss to mix. Carefully fold in 1 3/4 cups blueberries until coated.
- Step 5 Cover chicken mixture and refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes before serving.
- Step 6 Arrange lettuce on four plates
- Step 7 spoon salad mixture on top and garnish with reserved blueberries and slivered almonds.