Blackberry Salmon Spinach Salad
This is a delicious salad for the summertime - or anytime for that matter.
- 12 ounces salmon fillets
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- 8 cups baby spinach, rinsed & drained
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups blackberries, rinsed & dried
- 1/4 cup soy nuts
- 4 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Step 1 Preheat broiler on high heat.
- Step 2 Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Step 3 Arrange salmon fillets on baking sheet
- Step 4 sprinkle on top with half the garlic powder and drizzle with half the teriyaki sauce.
- Step 5 Broil 10 minutes, remove from oven and turn over fillets
- Step 6 sprinkle with remaining garlic powder and teriyaki sauce. Broil 10 minutes longer or until cooked through.
- Step 7 Combine spinach, tomatoes, onion and bell pepper in a large bowl and toss to mix.
- Step 8 Carefully fold in feta cheese, blackberries and soy nuts.
- Step 9 Divide salad among four plates and top with salmon fillets.
- Step 10 Just before serving, drizzle with balsamic vinegar.