Vanilla Maple Glazed Carrots
You have just got to try these! They’re so good and just a bit different from brown sugar glazed carrots. They’re really easy to make and a great side dish for your Easter dinner.
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- In a large saucepan add baby carrots and water. Cook over medium heat until tender but not mushy. There should still be some water left in the pan, if not add a little. I usually give them about 10 minutes.
- Now add vanilla extract and maple syrup. Cook over medium heat until carrots start to get glazed and liquid is cooked down (do not overcook or it will burn).
- Once it’s ready add the butter to the carrots and season with kosher salt and black pepper.