Alfredo Twice Baked Potatoes
These are fantastic! They go great with your Easter ham. I added some bacon bits and red onion to mine.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce (I used some in the jar)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- bacon bits
- chopped red onion
- Scrub and dry the potatoes. Brush them with olive oil and sprinkle them with a little bit of salt before baking. If you prefer the skins to stay soft, you can wrap them in aluminum foil instead. Either way, make sure to pierce them with a fork three or four times before baking. Bake at 375 for an hour, or until the centers are soft when poked with a fork.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and slice each one in half horizontally.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, garlic powder, mozzarella cheese and half of the cheddar cheese and the bacon bits and onion (if you’re using them). Once combined, scoop out the pulp and add to the sauce mixture. Mix until completely combined and then put the mixture back into the potato skins.
- Sprinkle them with the remaining cheddar cheese and then put them back in the oven for about 5-6 minutes, or until the cheese on top is completely melted. Serve immediately.