Crock Pot Sour Cream Beef Stroganoff
I love crock pot recipes. With my Instant Pot, I can use it as a pressure cooker or a crock pot. I’m getting alot of use out of the Instant Pot!
- 2 lbs. cubed beef stew meat
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 (1.25 ounce) packages brown gravy mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Cook egg noodles or steamed rice
- Additional sour cream for serving.
- Add the stew meat, onions and mushrooms to a 4-quart or larger crock pot.
- Whisk the gravy mixes and the water in a small bowl. Stir this into the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours without opening the lid during cooking time.
- Stir in the 1 1/2 cups sour cream. Turn off the crock pot and put the lid back on so the sour cream can warm just a bit.** Ladle the stroganoff sauce over noodles or rice.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream for garnish.
- **Note: If you’re using an instant pot, cancel the slow cooker setting. Add the sour cream; put the lid back on and push the Keep Warm button. Let it set like that for just long enough to warm the sour cream a bit.