Crock Pot Kielbasa, Peppers and Onions
I’ve seen alot of people just serve this up in a bowl. Sometimes with some rice or noodles. I prefer to leave my Kielbasa in one piece and then put it in a heavy duty sub or hoagie roll and spoon the peppers and onions over it.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 (13 oz) packages of beef Kielbasa, cut in 1-inch pieces**
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in 1-inch strips
- 1 orange (or yellow) bell pepper, cut in 1-inch strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in 1-inch strips
- 1 large white onion, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (18 oz) jar apricot-pineapple preserves
- In a large skillet, heat up the oil and brown the kielbasa, onions and peppers.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a 3-quart or larger crock pot. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- **Note: I didn’t cut mine in pieces. I browned them whole and then put all the other ingredients into the crock pot. I laid the kielbasa on the top and cook on LOW for about 4 hours.
- You don’t see the pineapple in my pictures because I forgot it until after I had taken the picture. I added it later and it turned out just fine.