Crock Pot Creamy Mac & Cheese
This is one of my favorite things! Mine came out a little drier then I wanted it, but I think if you add maybe an extra 1/2 cup of milk, you’ll be okay. That’s what I’ll do next time I make it.
- 2 cups dried elbow macaroni
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups milk**
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
- pinch of paprika
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Wait to cook the macaroni until you have the sauce ready. You want it hot.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and milk with a whisk. It’s okay to have some small lumps. They’ll melt. Now, mix in the salt, pepper, dry mustard, paprika and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Now, cook your macaroni in boiling water for 8 minutes only. Drain. Immediately add to the cheese sauce mixture and stir. Spray a 6-quart crock pot with cooking spray. Pour in the macaroni mixture.
- Cover. Cook on LOW for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- **Note: If it seems a bit dry when it’s done, add just a bit more milk.