Macaroon Kiss Cookies
You just have to make some of these! They’re perfect for Easter treats.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 tsp. orange juice
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 5 cups sweetened coconut flakes, divided
- 1 bag (8 ounces) Hershey’s Kisses
- Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until well blended. Add egg yolk, almond extract and orange juice; beat well. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in 3 cups coconut flakes.
- Cover; refrigerate 1 hour or until i’ts firm enough to handle. Remove wrappers from kisses. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll balls in remaining 2 cups coconut. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and immediately press a kiss on top of each cookie. Cool 1 minute. Carefully remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Let cool completely.