Toasted Walnut Bread
I know! You all are probably thinking that this should have been in my Christmas recipes. It’s good any time of the year.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted*
- Grease the bottom and 1/2-inch up the sides of an 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf pan; set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the egg, milk and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter will be lumpy). Fold in nuts. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool.
- *Toasting nuts: Bake in 350 degree F. oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until a light golden brown. Stir once or twice while baking.