Here’s another recipe I haven’t tried yet. But, I’m planning on it. It sounds really good.
Author: Marsha Powell
Recipe type: Dessert
- 12 ounces cinnamon rolls or raisin bread
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon of equally mixed nutmeg, mace, cinnamon
- 1 cup dried fruit (dates, raisins, figs, etc.), finely minced
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup of milk
- 12 ounces puff pastry
- 1 ounce sugar
- Mix the rolls/bread, flour, sugar, spices and dried fruit in a food processor until it becomes like a stiff paste. Add the egg and milk and mix again.
- Grease an 8" x 8" cake pan. Line the bottom with one layer of puff pastry. Spread the filling over the top. Cover with a second layer of puff pastry. Using a fork, poke holes in the top of the pastry. Brush with a little milk and sprinkle with sugar. Press a buttered piece of heavy duty foil on top of the pastry to prevent from rising while it cooks.
- Bake at 355 degrees for 40 minutes. Allow to cool in the cake tin. Turn out of pan and cut into 2" x 2" squares.