Gur Cake Here’s another recipe I haven’t tried yet. But, I’m planning on it. It sounds really good. Gur Cake Recipe Type: Dessert Cuisine: Irish Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 40 mins Total time: 1 hour Serves: 8 Ingredients 12 ounces […]
Day: March 5, 2019
Irish Potato Pie I haven’t made this yet, but I fully intend to before St. Patrick’s Day. I think it would be great with a meatloaf. Irish Potato Pie Recipe Type: Side Dish Cuisine: Irish Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 55 […]
Irish Potato Candy
These are so good! They’re easy to make and it makes up quite a bit.
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 16 oz powdered sugar about 4 cups
- 7 oz sweetened flaked coconut 2 1/2 cups
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and add ground cinnamon to a small bowl. Set both aside.
- Using a stand mixer (or hand mixer + large bowl), cream together butter and cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth, about 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Add vanilla extract, then beat for 30 seconds.
- Keeping speed on low, slowly scoop in powdered sugar, adding about 1/3 to 1/2 cup at a time and beating thoroughly between each addition.
- Turn off mixer and remove bowl. Pour in flaked coconut and use a spatula (or your hands) to knead the ingredients together.
- Using a 1 teaspoon cookie scoop, scoop out dough and roll it between your hands to form a ball. Drop the ball in the small bowl of cinnamon and roll to coat. Place finished candy ball on prepared baking sheet. Repeat this step until all dough has been used.
- Place dough in the freezer and let chill for 1 hour or until the candy has set. If desired, roll candy in cinnamon again for a fresh, powdery coat.
- Serve candy immediately. Candy can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Irish Potato Bread This is one I haven’t tried yet, but I think I will before St. Patrick’s Day. It sure looks good! Irish Potato Bread Recipe Type: Bread Cuisine: Irish Author: Marsha Powell Prep time: 40 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 1 […]
Irish Honeycomb Candy (Yellow Man) I’ve never had this, but it looks like it would be easy to make. I like the part where you would have to break it up with a hammer. Irish Honeycomb Candy Recipe Type: Candy Cuisine: Irish Author: Marsha Powell […]