Cork Country Irish Bread
I love it when St. Patrick’s Day rolls around. There’s so many great recipes. Of course, you don’t have to wait for St. Patrick’s Day. This is another recipe for Irish Soda Bread.
- 3 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk (or thick sour milk)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; mix well and add raisins.
- Beat eggs in a smaller bowl.
- Add buttermilk to eggs and beat until combined.
- Add egg mixture to butter and dry ingredients.
- Stir until moistened.
- Pour into greased layer cake pan or pie pan. (Dough will be very thick and dense).
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour.