Cheesy Hash Browns
I’m not usually very good at getting hash browns to come out right. But, these are perfect! They come out right every time. And, they sure are yummy.
- 3 small potatoes
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of pepper
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Boil a pot of water over a high heat. Peel and wash your potatoes, then add them to the water and boil until they are parboiled (about 6-7 minutes, they should be hard to touch but easy to grate). Drain them in a colander, and run them under cold water until cool enough to hold. Grate the potatoes.
- Beat your egg in a bowl. Add the grated potatoes, flour, softened butter, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper and then combine. Using your hands, form the mixture into patties.
- Place a splash or two of vegetable oil in a frypan and heat on medium-high. Add the patties and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy. Once cooked, let cool on a paper towel for a few minutes and then serve.