Amish Ham Loaf
This meatloaf is great when you want to use up a little of this and a little of that. Most of us don’t have those kinds of leftovers, though. So, I usually start with fresh ingredients.
This comes out really good. If you have any leftovers, it makes great sandwiches.
- 5 pounds equal amounts beef, ham, and sausage, ground*
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup white cracker crumbs
- 1 1 /2 cups milk
- 3 /4 cup brown sugar
- 1 /2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 /4 cup vinegar
- 1 /4 cup water
- Mix the loaf ingredients until combined thoroughly.
- Shape into 2 loaves and put into baking pans.
- Baste with half the sauce:
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for one hour.
- Remove foil and baste with remaining sauce and bake one more hour.
- *Note: All the meat should add up to 5 lbs – NOT 5 lbs. each.