Gumbo Potato Salad
This is great for anyone who’s going to have a Mardi Gras celebration.
- 2-1/2 pounds of Yukon Gold, Red or Russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup of finely minced onion
- 1 large stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 3/4 to 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of spicy Creole style mustard
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 10 turns of the pepper grinder
- Peel and cut potatoes to a small dice. Boil until tender and crumbly, about 20 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool. Place into serving bowl and use a masher to partially mash them, leaving some chunks.
- Add the onion, celery, green onion and parsley to the potatoes; toss. In a separate small bowl, mix together the 3/4 cup of mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper; spoon over the potatoes. Toss again until all the potatoes are coated, adding additional mayonnaise to reached desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Sprinkle top lightly with paprika, if desired. To serve with gumbo, spoon gumbo into individual serving bowls, with or without rice, and use a cookie scoop to place a scoop of the potato salad right into the bowl. Can also serve on the side. Refrigerate leftovers.