Chewy Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies
This is my favorite. I’d make this recipe alot when the kids were at home.
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl thoroughly mix egg whites, sugar, applesauce and vanilla. Add flour, oats, baking soda, and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Fold in walnuts, raisins and dried cranberries.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet 2″ apart.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the cookie comes out clean.