Italian Stuffed Shells
I love these. But then I love Italian. You can always add meat to the sauce if you’d like. I usually serve this with a big green salad and garlic bread.
- 8 oz jumbo shells approximately 20 jumbo shells
- Cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil water and cook shells according to directions on package. Drain the shells, spray them with cooking spray (to prevent sticking) and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, egg, Italian seasoning and 1 cup of mozzarella until combined well.
- Fill each shell with a tablespoon of the ricotta mixture. (I usually have some leftover, so I divide it up between all the shells.)
- Spray a 9×13 casserole dish. Fill the casserole dish with the stuffed shells. You can fit four rows of five shells.
- Pour 1 cup of marinara sauce over the stuffed shells.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of shredded mozzarella over the sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes.