Crock Pot Smokey Chorizo Bean Dip
This one is really good. Serve with plain tortilla chips.
- 8 oz bulk chorizo
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Food Should Taste Good™ multigrain tortilla chips, as desired
- Spray 2- to 3-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook chorizo over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring to break up large pieces, until no longer pink; drain.
- In slow cooker, mix chorizo, beans, tomatoes, 1 cup of the cheese and the chipotle chile; stir to combine. Cover; cook on High heat setting 1 1/2 to 2 hours or Low heat setting 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until bubbling; stir to combine, and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the cilantro.
- Serve warm with chips.