Miracle Maid Meatloaf Dinner
Did any of you have a set of Miracle Maid cookware? It was sold at parties back in the 70’s. I got mine a year before my daughter was born. The Lektro Maid skillet came with the set.
I used that skillet all the time. A few years ago it finally gave up and died. I have since made this dinner in my newest electric skillet.
- Skillet Loaf Ingredients:
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup packaged cracker crumbs, or 1 cup cracker crumbs, about 20 crackers
- 2 tbsp. dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup butter or 1 can (10-1/2 oz.) cream of mushroom or celery soup
- 4 to 6 medium sized baking potatoes
- 2 packages (10 oz. each) frozen lima or green beans
- To prepare meatloaf, thoroughly combine all ingredients except soup. Shape into a 9×5-inch rectangle. Place in preheated skillet at 325 degrees.
- Spoon soup evenly on opposite ends of skillet, or melt butter in skillet. Reduce heat to 250 degrees.
- Cut potatoes in quarters or slice about 3/4-inch thick. Do not peel. Place cut side down into soup or butter in skillet.
- Place frozen beans on the other end of the skillet; cover. Cook for 35 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- To prepare gravy, gradually add 1 soup can or 1 to 1-1/2 cups water to hot drippings in skillet. Heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Gradually mix in instant blending flour for additional thickening.
- Note: You’ll want to keep an eye on the meatloaf and make sure it’s done. I usually had to let it cook just a few minutes longer.