Supreme Green Bean Casserole
I’m not a big fan of green beans so I try to avoid them. But, if I come across a recipe that can get me to eat them, then lets give it a try. This one comes from Mandy at SouthYourMouth.com I really do like this one, so it’s made every year.
- 4 14.5-oz. cans green beans
- 1 16-oz. carton fresh baby bella or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 10.5-oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 6-oz. container crispy fried onions (such as French’s), divided
- Cook beans (with liquid) in a saucepan over medium heat for 20 minutes or until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, sauté mushrooms in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season with pepper then cook until mushrooms are golden brown. Set aside.
- Combine mushroom soup, milk, garlic, salt and onion powder in a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Drain green beans well then add beans, mushrooms (with butter) and 3/4 cup of fried onions to mushroom soup mixture then gently stir until combined. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish then bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove dish from oven then top with remaining fried onions. Continue baking for 10 minutes then serve.