Candied Sweet Potatoes
According to my family, you can’t have Thanksgiving without this.
The recipe tells you to put the sweet potatoes in a casserole dish and then cover with marshmallows and stick under the broiler. We like it better when the marshmallows are put on top of the sweet potatoes in the crock pot and cover for about an hour. I usually do this in the last hour.
- 6 or 7 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- mini marshmallows
- Spray or grease the crock pot. Lay the sweet potatoes in the bottom.
- In a bowl, mix the orange juice, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and brown sugar. Pour over the sweet potatoes.
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- Put the sweet potatoes in a baking dish. Cover with mini marshmallows. Broil until browned.