Crab Pasta Salad
I love this pasta salad. It calls for Spike seasoning. It’s a salt-free seasoning. You can find it at Walmart or on Amazon.
- 1 lb medium pasta shells
- 1 pound package imitation crab meat cut bite size
- 1 can medium black olives sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 3 or 4 green onions sliced thin about two inches into the green
- 3 stalks of celery diced
- 1 1/2 cups plain non fat yogurt (see note)
- 1/4 cup fat free mayonnaise
- 1/2 TBSP Spike (found in the spice aisle)
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 TBSP yellow mustard
- 1/2 TBSP soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Italian vinaigrette salad dressing (see note)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a very large bowl, mix the pasta, crab, olives, red peppers, green onions, and celery.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayo, Spike, celery salt, yellow mustard, soy sauce, and salad dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta and veggies and stir to combine. Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.
- NOTE: Do not use Greek yogurt. It’s too thick. The creator of this recipe recommended using Seven Seas Viva Italian dressing. You can also substitute the Spike seasoning with Old Bay. Personally, I use real crab meat instead of the imatation.