Autumn Rice Pudding
Warm this up for a good breakfast. I made it often during the winter for the kids. At least I knew they had a full tummy when they went to school.
- 3 cups milk, divided
- 1 cup instant white rice, uncooked
- 1 green or red apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Bring 1 cup of the milk to boil in medium saucepan. Stir in rice, apple, raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding in large bowl as directed on package with remaining 2 cups milk.
- Stir rice mixture into prepared pudding. Stir in walnuts. Cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap; cool 5 minutes. Serve warm or chilled