Stuffed Breakfast Sandwich
You’ve got everything here for a hearty breakfast or supper.
This is really easy. You have it put together and on the table in about 30 minutes. Hubby and I love this. We don’t usually eat breakfast, so this is our lunch. Serve it with a fruit salad on the side.
First of all, you’ll need to cut a lid off your bread and scrape out the insides. Save the crumb! You can toast it for bread crumbs.
I had a loaf cheese that I used. I sliced it thin and laid it in the hollow of the bread. Then, layer on the ham and cream cheese mixture.
I found that it was easier to spread the cream cheese on with my hands.
Cook up your eggs and layer those on top of the cream cheese. Then lay on some more cheese. For hubby and I, more is better!
Now, you’ll put the lid on and wrap it up tightly in aluminum foil. Bake for a few minutes then slice and serve.
Here are a couple of yummy fruit salads to serve with it:
- 1 loaf of French Bread
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp. herbs de provence
- 6 eggs, beaten
- salt & pepper, to taste
- ham, sliced or chopped – your preference
- shredded Cheddar cheese
- Whip your eggs and add salt and pepper, to taste. Scramble them up. Set aside to cool somewhat.
- Slice a lid off your French bread. Scrape out the inside of the bottom leaving and good 1/2 inch edge all around.
- Cover the bottom with cheese – as much as you like.
- Lay on the ham. I chop mine so I can get more in there.
- Mix your cream cheese with the herbs de provence. Spread it over the top of the ham.
- Layer the scrambled eggs on top of that.
- Add more shredded cheese – more is better!
- Put on the lid. Wrap the whole loaf up tightly in aluminum foil.
- Bake in a 425 degree F. oven for 15 to 20 min.
- Remove from oven and let set a few minutes. Unwrap, slice and serve.
- Note: If you don’t have the herbs de provence, then use salt & pepper, onion powder and garlic powder or whatever seasonings you like.