Cinnamon Scented Ornaments
The recipe for these ornaments came from a lady I knew lots of years ago. I remember going over to her house and the aroma was fantastic.
She and her daughter had been making these. You’d have to make alot to get your whole house to smell nice, but it would sure be worth it.
- 1 4 ounce can cinnamon (about 1 cup)
- 1 Tbsp. cloves
- 1 Tbsp. nutmeg
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 Tbsp. white glue
- In a medium bowl, combine the spices. Add the applesauce and glue; stir to combine.
- Work the mixture with your hands for 2 to 3 minutes or until dough is smooth and ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Divide into 4 portions.
- On a floured surface, roll each portion to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut dough with floured cookie cutters of desired shapes. Using a straw or toothpick make a small hole in the top of the ornament. Place your cut outs on wire racks and allow to dry at room temperature for several days. When dried, thread ribbons through the hole so you can hang them up.
- Tip: For a more uniform drying process, turn over once each day.
- DO NOT EAT!!!!