Cake Batter Cinnamon Rolls
July 7, 2018
: 1 hr 30 min
: 25 min
: 2 hr
: Fairly Easy
I put some sprinkles on top just to make people smile.
- 2 1/4 tsp. yeast
- 6 Tbsp. shortening
- 1 c.+ 1 tsp. sugar
- 3/4 c. yellow cake mix
- 7 c. flour (plus more if needed)
- 2 c. hot water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 c. brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 c. yellow cake mix
- 1/8 c. rainbow sprinkles
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 c. yellow cake mix
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- Step 1 Add yeast to a cup of lukewarm water and sprinkle in the teaspoon of sugar. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Step 2 Add shortening, 1 cup of sugar and salt to hot water in mixer bowl with the paddle attachment. Cool to lukewarm.
- Step 3 Add cake mix and 2 c. flour. Mix until smooth.
- Step 4 Add yeast and mix again until smooth
- Step 5 add the beaten eggs.
- Step 6 Stir in remaining flour until no more can be mixed in. Knead until smooth and satin. Make sure it doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Step 7 Cover and rise for 30 minutes.
- Step 8 Roll into rectangle – the wider the rectangle, the bigger the rolls.
- Step 9 Spread with butter
- Step 10 sprinkle with brown sugar, cake mix, cinnamon and sprinkles.
- Step 11 Roll up from the long side
- Step 12 seal ends. Cut into 12 pieces. Place in well greased pans. Cover. Let rise for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Step 13 Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake for 10 minutes more or until golden brown.
- Step 14 Mix the icing ingredients, adding enough milk to desired consistency. Frost while warm for a glaze, or cool rolls for a thick icing.