German Chocolate Brownies
July 5, 2018
: 45 min
: 35 min
: 1 hr 10 min
Don't overcook these or they'll be dry.
- 1 pkg. (4 oz) German chocolate
- 1/4 c. butter
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts
- Cream Cheese filling
- Coconut topping
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch square pan with foil. Extend foil over edges. Spray with cooking spray.
- Step 2 Melt butter and chocolate. Add sugar
- Step 3 mix well. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts. Spread in pan. Spoon prepared cream cheese filling over batter and swirl through with a knife. Then, take the prepared topping and spoon over the top.
- Step 4 Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with fudgy crumbs. Cool completely before cutting.
- Step 5 Cream Cheese Filling
- Step 6 Beat 4 oz. of softened cream cheese with 1/4 c. sugar, 1 egg and 1 Tbsp. flour in a bowl. Spoon over brownie batter and swirl through with a knife.
- Step 7 Coconut Topping
- Step 8 Mix 1 1/3 c. coconut, 1/2 c. chopped nuts and 1/4 c. brown sugar. Stir in 1/4 c. milk. Spoon over brownie mixture.