Vanilla Pudding Cinnamon Rolls
July 3, 2018
: 3 hr
: 20 min
: 3 hr 20 min
These come out really big! It's a great recipe for a crowd. Adapted from a recipe at melskitchencafe.com
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 Tbsp. yeast
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6+ cups flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mini cinnamon chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. half & half
- Step 1 In small bowl, combine water, yeast and sugar. Stir to dissolve
- Step 2 set aside.
- Step 3 In a large bowl, take pudding mix and prepare it according to the package directions. Add butter, eggs and salt
- Step 4 mix well. Add yeast mixture
- Step 5 blend. Gradually add flour
- Step 6 knead until smooth. Do not overflour – it should be soft but not sticky. Place in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled – about 1 hour.
- Step 7 Roll dough out on a floured board to measure 34 x 21 inches. Spread 1 cup softened butter over the surface. In a bowl, mix 2 cups brown sugar with 2 Tbsp. cinnamon. Sprinkle this over the butter. Then, sprinkle the cinnamon chips over that. Now, from the long side, roll up as tightly as possible. Cut into 1 1/2 inch slices using a serrated knife or thread. Place 1 inch apart on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Step 8 Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove when they’re a nice, golden brown. Don’t overbake! Cool.
- Step 9 Mix together the Frosting ingredients until nice and smooth. Spread over the rolls while they’re still a bit warm. Enjoy!